Repeated quotes

• xRachelx
    19 years ago

Dont you get sick of seeing the same quotes over and over again? I tend to look at the sad quotes most and every day someone repeats a quote that other people have submitted loads of times before. Cant people think of their own ideas? Yeah if someone submits a really good quote that you havent seen for a while, then it should be shown again but not twice a day! Why cant anyone be original anymore?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Unless you are quoting yourself, in which case it's original to an extent, especially if no one else has heard it before.

• Andrea
    19 years ago

i dont have that many quotes...all of them are my own except for one i think....but i put that it wasnt mine.

• xRachelx
    19 years ago

Actually justplainme if you could be bothered to read what I put I said I was sick of seeing the same quotes twice a day. I had not seen that quote on the sadness and depressed quotes section so I put it down. Im pretty sure it hasnt been posted before but if it has then I will delete it, but until I see it I shall not change the quote. And you say you're sick of 'hypocrisy'......im sick of your pointless and pathetic posts.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

You must be the AUTHOR of poems and quotes you submit here. Do NOT submit texts that are not yours. It is a violation of COPYRIGHT LAW.

That is rule #2 on the terms for posting on this site. If you aren't the author of that quote, then it has no place here on the site.

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

i havnt noticed but maybe its cuz i dont read da quotes that often

• katie!
    19 years ago

Lol I never put quotes coz I can never think of any, loads of the quotes on here are copied from someone else

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I am sick to death of seeing all this "lack of originality" complaining and whinging from all of you people! For real it is tiresome.

For goodness sakes start working on your own unoriginal work before you start hypocritcally judging others...or even more to the fact try thinking about the similar educational backgrounds and experiences many of us have, along with the fact that the majority of us on here are writers or express ourselves through writing hence on the odd occassion something might sound the same...

Just my thoughts

=Eirisa=

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

well uh, I'm not sure what you're getting at, but lemme give it my best shot:

"or even more to the fact try thinking about the similar educational backgrounds and experiences many of us have, along with the fact that the majority of us on here are writers or express ourselves through writing hence on the odd occassion something might sound the same..."

You may write poems that talk about the same idea, but the two poems are different. You may write two poems that sound similar, but are different. If you and another person write the SAME exact poem independently of each other, well that is unusual, to say the least.

Same applies for quotes. It's not an "odd occasion" when you see people with quotes like "Everybody play the game of love." or something along those lines. It just so happens to be a line from a Queen song. So it's not your quote. So don't post it. NOTHING YOU SUBMIT SHOULD BE SOMEONE ELSE'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. nothing. zip. If two quotes are exactly the same, then that is probably because its a short quote that you either made up very quickly, or its a long quote that you've heard somewhere before.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

What I am trying to point out Sean as is the original author of this thread is that they are NOT submitting the intellectual property of others and that it is their own, however, when you read say five to ten of the sad/depression poems you'll find that they all have similar rhythm and rhyming schemes and topics at hand.

I am simply trying to say that this isn't an entirely bad thing for several reasons, and to also even try and give my explanations for why I think this pattern occurs. I am not talking about plaguerised poetry posted on this site at all. The reasons of educational background, similarity in experience are two good reasons for why people's poetry may sound similar but still BE a different piece of writing.

In saying "odd occassion", I believe that there are many fantastic and credible writers within PNQ who should not have that credit taken away by my own generalisation.

I do however respect and acknowledge your points of view and you do have a valid arguement, I just think perhaps your interpretation of my words differed from my inital intention with them...

=Eirisa=