Seriously guys, we have a problem.

• Narphangu
    12 years ago

I don't mean to be patronizing here, but seriously guys. There are some WACKED OUT problems with this site.

It started off simple, okay. Nothing too major. A character would have squiggles around it, a random "ggra" would show up mid stanza. Annoying yes, but manageable. But lately it's been getting worse. At first I thought it was just the computer code going crazy, but then that's normal for this site. Not this. Suddenly, some of my titles have changed, there are squiggles popping up mid sentence and bits of jibberish are showing up everywhere on my account! Are you KIDDING ME? This is unheard of. I've been here for years and now I'm being assaulted by some evil poem-hacking troll? I think no. But then I get on today and lo and behold, THERE ARE TINY PIXELATED TROLLS LITERALLY CLIMBING AROUND INSIDE MY SCREEN. YEAH. No joke.
    I see them popping up on poems I read and then they snicker and run off to somewhere else. I just can't take this anymore. Seriously, I'm at my wit's end. My latest poems are an absolute abomination right now, and just thinking about the amount of time it's going to take me to fix them makes me want to cry. It's INSANE. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS, I mean COME ON PEOPLE.
    So, in closing, Mods and everyone else on this site, I have to say that clearly we don't have good enough security. And I sincerely hope that someone takes the time to stop them, because honestly, this kind of security overlook just makes me want to pack up and leave this site.

Ugh. I just saw another one running off to rules and guidelines. You might want to check to see if they've changed.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Hi Narph, thanks for sharing your concern. I've noticed the same thing but didn't want to create any widespread panic. If the issue is so persistent, though, I see that it's time to alert the whole site. I will personally PM Janis and see if he can fix it. Hang in there, guys. We'll get through this together.

• Daisy if you do
    12 years ago

Geez I thought I was the only one this was happening to. I am glad I am not alone.

:)

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I thought my laptop had viruses..so i aint alone..i have already scanned my laptop twice.

• Jenni Marie
    12 years ago

Omg guys..I need someone to help me..so many dancing trolls and clowns about this place..can we shoot them? someone shoot them! help me!!

• Jenni Marie
    12 years ago

In actual fact I quite like trolls now..I'm so disappointed that I can't see the little dancing squiggles anymore..someone send them back :(

• Lu
    12 years ago

Trolls ... and now I have been abducted by aliens. It's all Kay's fault she said if I fed them peanut butter they would go away but instead they have kidnapped me and now I am hovering somewhere over Alaska. It's darn cold, my lips are freezing and Larry hasn't sold me his mustache yet ... and I think they may feed me to a polar bear.
    Can someone please help ... I'm scared :( and everyone is laughing at me. There's this one alien "I heard them call her Mel" she was nice to me. She gave me some sort of drink, it tasted like bananas, but I think this one they called Jenni spiked it.

Some please help me ... Sibs ... anyone ?
    Won't you miss me on P&Q ... anyone?

• Chelsey
    12 years ago

Wtf??? I have yet to see trolls and I kinda wanna see what you're talking about lol...can I see them if I click on your guys' pages??

• Lioness
    12 years ago

I don't think I've seen it either but by the sounds of things that's probably the best thing lol