I have a serious question

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

I have been looking on Edgar Allen Poe and i wanna know what others feel about his work and i want to know what other poets are their that felt and wrote the same way he did?

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I LOVE his work.. especially "The tell tale heart"... my poem "Skulls and Stripes" was inspired by it

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

I love that to he inspired me

• Jordan
    12 years ago

I don't know that anyone wrote the way he did. He's one of those rare 'masters of macabre' that only come along every so often. H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King and John Carpenter are the only two others who I've heard of that have been referred to with that title...they're not necessarily poets, though.

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

Well idk i just wanna learn of him for his poems were dark but very meaningful know what i mean?

• Decayed
    12 years ago

I love Edgar so damn much... His Raven poem is beautiful....his Tell-tale heart story also.... And, The Cask Of Amontillado is a freaking awesome stort, too... And many others.
    You're asking who on this site write like him?
    No one... But there are some great dark/suspense writers here.
    Jordan, above.. And Timothy.

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

Ill have to read some of their stuff

• Poet on the Piano
    12 years ago

I love him too! We studied him last year and we read most of his short stories..I agree with Abed, there are some poets on here who really bring about a sinister setting or dark themes. I remembr Poe's "the Cask of amontillado" or "Masque of the Red Death" or "Hop-Frog". I am currently writing a research paper on him and Hawthorne.

Glad to meet another who loves his style!

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Poe was one of the dudes that got me into this whole thing. him and Nathanial Hawthorne. hes a great writer from his time. he wrote the first mystery. he also writes on the darker scale of things. death. love. misery. alcohol abuse. very descriptive writer too. I highly recommend

• Kate
    11 years ago

Edgar Allan Poe is one of a kind... no one can ever be the same as he is and personally, I love him. We just got done reading "The Black Cat" and it was amazing! There are a few of him poems that I am in love with and I try to stay away from the overrated ones like "The Raven", "Tell Tale Heart" and ones like that because they are too common yet still so good. I like talking to people about his work that they havent read.

• Kate
    11 years ago

He really is! I havent read much of his work but I will soon. You know a lot of people think he died or rabies?? Yeah I think some scientist proved it, not sure how but it's a fun fact :)

• Omar
    11 years ago

I love his work. He's the reason that i write poems.

• Kate
    11 years ago

Mmm I didnt know that someone could influence someone that much. So I guess you play into more of the gothic themed poems? that was the style of his work

• Rusheena
    11 years ago

Poe's one of my all-time favorites. I love his Gothic/Romantic style (btw, I don't mean "romantic" as in "lovey-dovey", I mean Poe's era was the era of Romanticism.) Nathaniel Hawthorne is similar to Poe. He also has a dark style and talks about losing faith a lot. Hope this helps.