Workouts :)

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I just started working out with my abs, legs, arms and using treadmill.

What is your fav type of exercise you use?
    I'm still tryin to master bicycle crunches without hurting my neck lol

• Britt
    12 years ago

My treadmill - walking, running, jogging... whatever it may be - it burns so much energy (and I've lost 4 inches from my waist... :) )

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I walk 2x on our treadmill :). I'm starting off slow. I'm already small and naturally athletic body but I wanna tone up and get back in shape :)

I hate the side work outs tho lol

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

I really, really have to force myself to work out, and usually I fail at that. I'm an awful runner. But I'm in my second session of a step aerobics class, and that's alright. Otherwise, I like yoga and kayaking. I was probably at my most fit while kayaking with a club, but I haven't done that in almost two years. I miss it tons!

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I'm the same way. I'm forcing myself too. Wall squats burn so bad I couldn't do my last set. I miss running, I don't like my neighborhood.

I wish it was so much easier to workout lol

I've always wanted to do kayaking. My most fit was when I was a cheerleader. Love those workouts

• Britt
    12 years ago

Oh I HATE working out and usually try to talk myself out of it at all costs. But I have lost 20 lbs now and have another 25-30 to go.. oi

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

You'll get there :)

I dont want to lose any weight, I just want to tone up and get back into shape.

• Britt
    12 years ago

I have about five to ten left to go to fit into my wedding dress. I'M FREAKING OUT. lol

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Haha you will do it!!

i do abunch of ab stuff on mon, wed, fri then on tue and thurs, i do legs and arms.

my dad says with the legs lifts im doing i should notice a difference in my abs in 2 weeks.

what he has me doing is lay on my back with my arms crossed on my chest.
    - 3 sets of 10-
    and with my legs together bring them up and slowly bring them down and repeat to 8, then for the last 2, do increment( lowering my legs 4 different times, hold each for 5 seconds) and then the last set of 10 doing the increments each one.

and man i was sore the day after lol
    was that confusing?

• Britt
    12 years ago

It was when I read it last night, but I was about to fall asleep.. it makes more sense now! hahaha. That sounds... painful. lol. Definitely an awesome way to tone, though!

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Ha, I might have to try that. With all the squats we do in step aerobics, my legs are turning into rocks. But my legs were always pretty strong... I need some upper-body strength!

My mom and I tried to work on that yesterday by doing some yoga, but my cat was not helping out with the downward dogs. She kept biting my ankles.

• Britt
    12 years ago

Yeah I need to tone my arms, my dress is strapless. YIKES. I don't wanna do weights etc.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Haha okay making sure because I could rewrote it simpler lol
    Yes it is but it works :). My dad used to be like no fat on him but bcuz of his health he can't work out anymore.

Pushups up ur arms too. My dads Gona start me with some weights, you dont need that much.

Oh I hate squats. Man they burn so much but work! How many squats do you do? Like reps and stuff. I did 2 sets of 10, 40 secs each and couldn't make it to the 3rd set. Haven't done them in years lol

Whydont you wanna use weights?

And haha my dog kept getting on me when I was doing squats lol

• Britt
    12 years ago

I have a pretty bad back injury from a car accident, so I have to be VERY careful.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Yeah I understand that girl.

Maybe talk to your doctor asking about using super light dumbbells to tone them?

My back is a little messed up from cheerleading. I was a flyer in a full position in the air and they dropped me on my back.

• Britt
    12 years ago

Oh crap, that sounds really painful! :(

I use light weights, but they don't really tone much.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

It doesnt hurt all the time, but if I walk to long, or stand up for a while it starts killing me. Its why i quit cheerleading. It made me have a breathing problem so I can't run long distance anymore. But oh well.

Yeah its hard hmmm...
    Since you have a bad back and don't want to strain it or put to much weight on it. I'd ask your doctor whats best. or maybe someone like a trainer what they would suggest.

• Xionide
    12 years ago

I do weightlifting, I have a 1000 a day goal (500 in the morning and 500 in the evening) then push ups and sit ups and light jogging. (asthmatic here)

• Britt
    12 years ago

I've tried that... Pushups are what they recommend, but I'm a weeny! hahaha

Doug, you are insane. Thats a lot lol

• Xionide
    12 years ago

Well, I eat what I want haha, so I burn it off instead of gaining weight. used to be fat so its kinda a habbit to go ott with it lol.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I haven't worked out in forever. I just started haha

But I prefer running over anything :)

• Ronel McCarthy
    12 years ago

I simply love walking and jogging now and then :) and drink lots of water

• Kevin
    12 years ago

I walk everywhere.
    I play alot of musical instruments (see high speed drums)
    I don't eat crappy food.
    I don't sit on my arse all day watching TV.

I am slim.

go figure.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Kevin, are you telling me you're not just some tall, slim mythical race? Illusions shattering.

Walking everywhere does help. That would be an advantage to living in a city. (It would also be advantageous to live in a place where the cold weather isn't trying to kill you 3 months out of the year. My exercise for the day was shoveling a driveway of sloppy, water-logged, heavy snow.)

Seriously, though. When I lived in Ireland for a semester, it was about a half-mile to town and we walked there and back usually twice in a day. Once for school and once for pubs. Beer is quite the motivator.

• Britt
    12 years ago

I wish I could walk everywhere. Its 12 miles one way to get to work - not happening lol.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Hahaha beer def would be one too.

I don't trust this town enough to walk everywhere. But we have a treadmill.

I stopped doin squats and found other leg workouts. So not for me lol

• Clown
    12 years ago

I love running outside! push ups, situps, pretty much anything I can do without the gym

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I don't go to the gym either!(:

Rather do it at home

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

It depends what you want to achieve e.g. losing weight = running, cycling, rowing, swimming etc if you just want to tone up = using light weights put doing higher reps between 15-25 reps per set, then you have your lunges, stretches, press ups, sit ups, dips, butterflies etc NOTE: its different for men than it is to women in some exercises, but that's obvious lol

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Haha yes it is. bcuz alot of guys want to get ripped and well i don't the slightest. I don't want to lose any weight but i love love love to run :) haha my dad says im crazy for it.

but i love working out for toning its fun haha

• Xionide
    12 years ago

Was different with me. I got ripped because I was overweight. I did it to prove I could, and when I did I just carried on. It gets addictive.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Yes it does. My ex is obsessed with working out. Hes been using steroid for years bcuz he hates being small even though hes naturally muscular.

But being overweight, then getting back into shape is a good reason :).

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

I do walkin for an hour daily after my dinner

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I try to do pushups daily..about hundred..and some sit ups..50 do it....i also carry my girlfriend to class..in that way i make exercising fun..lol

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Do you think its easier to gain weight or lose weight?

I don't find much difference in both, its more or less keeping to a routine when losing weight with your exercises and what you eat.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Oh its way easier to gain weight. All you gotta do is eat. But to lose weight you have to burn more calories then you consume.

But it also depends on the person. Some people no matter what they do, they can't gain weight because their metabolism is so fast

• Daisy if you do
    12 years ago

I get tons of exercise.

I work out my fingers religiously by typing so much on P&Q and on the Xbox by playing games.
    I work out my hands daily by folding laundry and doing dishes. The burn I really feel is when I am changing the sheets on the bed, in my upper arms.
    I also get a good work out with the vaccuum, it helps tone the abdominal muscles. I also work out my abs by purging everytime I find a hairball the cat left behind somewhere. My legs get thoroughly toned with the dog taking me for a walk. He is hard to keep up with and my stamina is not as good as his so I sometimes left with sprains and back aches from being drug across the yard.
    Though I am a pretty well rounded girl who enjoys a good cheeseburger and frenchfries, I think I do particularly well when it is summer, when I have to plow the garden and keep it picked and corn shucked and all the canning creates a sauna type effect which increases weight loss.

Okay this isn't the typical weight loss for most people but its my method and it works for me lol

• Anna Stephens
    12 years ago

^^^^^^^^
    You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

It obvious to say gaining weight is easier but i find losing weight easier as well. it gets more into detail when you eat as you would only eat certain foods but still obtaining your daily intake of protein, fibre, vitamins..etc

• L
    12 years ago

@ Dixiedaisy

lol, yeah. House work is one way to lose weight, specially if the vacuum is heavy
    and I too exercise my fingers all the time, it's pretty tiring.