Let's Have A Talk

• Kate
    11 years ago

Hello everyone! I am Katelyn. Yes that is my real name... I've been asked that seversl times... ok so, I'm hoping this will be an open and NICE place to just chat with everyone you meet! Here are the rules for this little chatty thingy:
    1. No descrimination at all!
    2. No bullying
    3. Try to keep it polite
    4. try to stay away from foul language
    5. ENJOY THE COMPANY OF OTHERS :)

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Welcome to poems and qoutes Rules are good and you may soon discover there is no shortage of them here. I read your poem "Dreams" and you seemed to follow your own guidelines which reflect a very free spirit

• Kate
    11 years ago

I am a free spirited person because I have the right to be. I can be very serious and other times very childish but that's what life is about right? Enjoying every minute of it

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Very wise . I may wish to quote you

• Kate
    11 years ago

You can if you want! Just not allowed to take my poetry but anything I say here, as long as you ask permission, you can quote :)
    I've had many people tell me I am wise beyond my years.

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

They are right

• Kate
    11 years ago

I dont see what you guys are basing it off of. I act like most of the rest of the people my age, do I think like someone older??

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

I am fascinated with natural talent that sometimes seems to come from within yet some are heavily influenced by what some see as religious and others spiritual
    If you would check out
    Above All -- Kaitlyn Maher -- 5yo
    on youtube
    Even though some may say she is copying and external spirit can you see her wisdom as being somewhat natural?

• Kate
    11 years ago

Ok first: that was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!
    Second: her wisdom is natural because she uses what she is tought and believes to see and understand everything that comes her way.

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

I agree

• Kate
    11 years ago

See I am not religious. I take what I am tought and twist it to my advantage to see what I can make out of it without bending it too much to make is something different.
    Intelligence is really just based on how you use the knowledge you are given

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Yes some knowledge is innate and some is learned
    Religion has indeed been abused like everything else in this world though Love conquers above all

• Kate
    11 years ago

Love is a confusing concept though. I understand that we love because of emotions but if you love one person with what seems like all of your heart, why is that you can love another? Or is it simply lust?

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Erotic love is the sacred love that is usually somewhat vain . Our parents, friends and higher powers have much beauty that is often missed

If you get a chance you could be inspired to expand on the depth of Madonna's video that you could accesss on youtube " Frozen"

Humans have a tendency to take and give and Kaballa is a path that explains why we must take

• Kate
    11 years ago

Hmm yes you have a point. I will look at those when I can.

We have to give and take because if we didnt we would be left with nothing.

I simply give more than I take because I enjoy the happiness of the others around me. I am not the most fortunate person but I know there are people out there who have it worse than I do.

That's what I want to do with my life... help others because I care.

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

It seems you are gifted with understanding as well as wisdom and knowledge

Kabbala recognizes that human desire to give also

• Kate
    11 years ago

Gifted? Ha interesting way to say that. Thank you :)

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

It has been said that the eyes are the window to the soul though blind people percieve with highly developed other senses. Light passes through the transparent part of the eyes yet we may close our eyes and feel the warmth of the sun which gives life . Many believe that life is random others believe it depends on order. Light is a sensual pleasure but also essential to life like love . May we come to understand we need love as much in the spirit as our bodies need the sun in the flesh. There is nothing wrong with reflecting the light given to us by the sun

• Kate
    11 years ago

Wow that was really deep but love, to me, is not essential. Overall happiness is essential and love is just a type of happiness.

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

Love has become another four letter word

I do not discriminate on chosen paths
    I have come to believe that love is a theological virtue along with faith and hope that is much more constructive than hate, doubt, and despair

Relationships are much more complex than seeking a lover ,but we may want to focus on one type of love for the sake of a simple discussion

Kahlil Gibran on Love

"When love beckons to you, follow him,
    Though his ways are hard and steep.
    And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
    Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
    And when he speaks to you believe in him,
    Though his voice may shatter your dreams
    as the north wind lays waste the garden. "

From "The Prophet " by Kahlil Gibran

• Kate
    11 years ago

Well, even at my age, I have loved before. I am not sure how to justify it but it felt real to me. He broke my heart yet I still stood by him... it was a mistake....

Yet I dont regret it

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

As long as we learn from our mistakes we grow

• Kate
    11 years ago

You have a point but it's pretty hard to move on and learn when you were never really prepared for it

• Michael D Nalley
    11 years ago

I am in no position to criticize

Free Bird By Michael D Nalley

Put that in your Youtube and play it

• Kate
    11 years ago

I will when I can :)