I'm done, and so are you

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

So this morning I was listening to a song while applying cream to my scars, like I do whenever my parents make me put on the cream. But today was a little bit different. The song I was listening too really touched me in a way, I listen to it all the time, but like I said, today was different. Ever since my parents found out I cut and I started therapy and they got me creams, I've been working towards getting better. Or so they thought. You know, I really wasnt. I didn't care about any of that, I would still cut, I didn't try to get better. But today, I decided I want to get better. I want my scars to go away, I want to never cut again, I want to wear short sleeve shirts, I want to be happy. And I'm going to do it. But I want you guys to do it with me. If you cut, or if you just hurt emotionally, whatever's wrong, if you want to get better, do it with me, we can talk to each other, encourage each other, help each other. We don't need to be alone.

So how many broken people can we mend? How many people will do this with me? Lets get better, together.

Ps-the song I was listening to is pieces by red, I really recommend listening to it

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

Wow your story is really powerful. First of all congrats on deciding that. People have to realize that's it's harder than they think. Addiction is hard to over come though. I believe in you :). For me cutting is so damn difficult because it's hard to overcome. But you can do it. :). I used to be a cutter. Clean for over 2 months

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Thank you :) and congrats on being clean for so long, that's great :) I've tired to stop before for my parents but I didn't really want too, i lasted maybe a month, I'm hoping I'll last longer because I actually want too now

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I hope you can too. Life is really beautiful and I just see my scars as battle wounds. I know what it's like to feel numb and at rock bottom. Just treasure the good days. That's all. :)

• Poet on the Piano
    10 years ago

I agree, that was powerful sharing! I remember your post however long ago, maybe it was a few months? So it is good to hear and that you want change, not just others. You can do this and thank you for reaching out to others on here...

I know it's easy to believe we can give up, but we do have control, we can bring about our own happiness, even if we don't feel it in the moment . I've been pondering that and realizing that I am the one who can choose to be affected by certain things, so I just have to take some moments to think it through, think how I will act on it, and think for myself.

Glad you mentioned the song title/band at the end and guess what? I actually posted that song link on my Facebook weeks ago. I knew Red was a Christian rock/alt. band because I think some members on here were discussing it, and that was one of the few songs I listened to. Very moving and it helps to have music to inspire!

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

Yes we do have to make our own choices. It is hard though because sometimes we do get emotionally invested in people we care about. We can all be strong

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Yeah, we all can change, and control our happiness, we just have to train our minds to a certain extent.

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

Kinda. But we also have to make ourselves happy. If we let others control our happiness then we will depressed the rest of our lives.

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

Yes, I agree

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

Yes. We only have us to love at times so we have to learn what makes us happy.

• Angel
    10 years ago

I was clean for 11 months but relapsed a month ago but after that night i've been clean for a month almost 2

• UtterlyAlive
    10 years ago

I was clean since September but relapsed two nights ago :(
    Sonia message me if you ever want to talk :)

• Beautiful Soul
    10 years ago

I'm sorry y'all relapsed. It's very hard to deal with life. :/

• dindee
    10 years ago

Is there any "LIKE" button here??? i want to like all you had posted.....

• Angel
    10 years ago

I wanna be happy again but idk how i lost the last thing that was keeping me happy

• Trinity Heart
    10 years ago

Angel I know that feeling I went through that pain but you will find joy again I promise

• LoneWolf
    10 years ago

TAngel the story you've written touched me. The thought of people supporting each other into recovery makes me regain faith in this generation. The song You've mentioned I listen to often thinking of not only Jesus but also a girl. A long time ago I had a dream. It was a beautiful dream, also post apocalyptic. Only this afterworld was absolutely beautiful, all the sins of the past world God forgave and we all lived in harmony (sort of). There was a girl that I met in this dream (as I had fallen into this land). She needed help and so I assisted her into recovery while she helped me overcome fear of sociality. Kind of like what you mention. If you see my poem I had written "Lina" it explains her. Despite the somewhat unrelated comment. Angel, looking for joy is a tough joiurney that takes time. I was alone all summer searching for joy and happiness, but I found at the end of the summer that most of my joy comes from sociality. I promise you that if you make an effort to be social, you may find yourself happy ( just be careful whom with). Just remember, things are often found once you quit looking for them.

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

I've had very bad urges to cut lately. I have not since October but its difficult.