Lifelines you can call.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Hello! These are some hotlines I've heard about and wanted to share for those in crisis or contemplating suicide... there is always hope so don't feel like you're alone or that nobody cares. Being able to open up and reach out is the first step, and I feel a courageous and necessary one at that. I also found out that for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, you don't have to be suicidal to call. If you're simply going through a rough time, relationship, dilemma, you can talk to someone confidentially and, with a lot of services, for free. I also have found a lot of websites (ex: Dawson McAllister's Hopeline) where you can chat with hope "coaches", who are volunteers trained to listen, offer advice, support, if you are facing a problem and you don't want to physically call or are afraid to.

In the US:

National Hopeline Network
    (800) SUICIDE

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    (800) 273-TALK (8255)

National Youth Crisis Hotline
    (800) 442-HOPE (4673)

In the UK:

www.samaritans.org
    08457 90 90 90

http://www.supportline.org.uk
    Phone
    Helpline: 01708 765200 (hours vary so ring for details)
    Admin: 01708 765222
    Email: info@supportline.org.uk

Feel free to share/post anymore that you have heard of. Take care.

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Thank you for sharing these Maryanne. Depression is a difficult thing to deal with and being suicidal myself I understand the pain people go through. You are never alone.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

I'm blessed with bipolar so I do get depression but I do not stay that way forever but thank you for sharing :)

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

I would say no mental illness is a blessing..

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

James I understand what you mean but my past isn't sunshine and rainbows while I understand that people don't have perfect childhood(s) I can honestly say that being Bipolar has helped me it helped me move on, it helped me face my demons,&it helped me be who I am today I don't like my mental disabilities but you know what? I own my disabilities and I don't care what people think no matter if I get pity from them I saw and I conquered my annoying disabilities

• Hannah Lizette
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting these, Maryanne! Sometimes just raising awareness of the lifelines can save a life! <3

• Masked metaphor
    9 years ago

Mental illness is both a blessing and a curse, It is through the challenges that we face that make us a stronger human being. Life is cruel and with depression life will always be tough but it is the way we deal from it that makes us who we are. I have experienced bipolar before and it truly hurts having this constant imbalance of emotions like it is a roller coaster that never quits going up and down. Sometimes I would prefer to be in my depressed state then happy as when I have felt happiness in the past it was always followed by a hit of sadness and sorrow more than what was before - I find depression a familiarity

• NoHopeLeft
    9 years ago

I'm never far away from the thought of taken my life.... Same crap just a different day....

• H. Elizabeth
    8 years ago

Been extra down lately and have just been having bad thoughts again. I think it's just been the stress of senior year coming to and end and I've just been so busy. Either way, I've been exhausted but wired at the same time and my anxiety has been so so so bad. It's making me feel so depressed.

• H. Elizabeth
    8 years ago

Been extra down lately and have just been having bad thoughts again. I think it's just been the stress of senior year coming to and end and I've just been so busy. Either way, I've been exhausted but wired at the same time and my anxiety has been so so so bad. It's making me feel so depressed.

• H. Elizabeth
    8 years ago

Also sorry for the double posts. Idk why it's doing that.

• H. Elizabeth
    8 years ago

Okay also I posted that paragraph in the wrong forum. lol. I am a mess.

• Linda
    8 years ago

You can text "START" to 741-741. It is a basic crisis line you can text message at the standard texting rate - no obligation. For suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, sexuality confusion, self harm.

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
    National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
    Trevor Project (LGBT+ Support): 1-866-488-7386

And feel free to contact me if you need help finding help in your area. Whether it is mental health, or a different crisis. My hand is extended.

• Aiko (Dreamsurfer)
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

For me, GOD is the Best Lifeline; HE has all the solutions. Besides, counsellors are human and they face challenges too. I feel for people who commit suicide because of Problems like romantic breakups. I want to help them but also wonder why I do not cry nor attempt suicide when the women I love choose other men over me. Jobs, Money, Wealth and Success do not come my Way as frequently as I want, but I stay breathing. Maybe I believe in Alternatives; there are at least 5 Solutions to every Problem. If someone needs a Person to talk to, they can call me or WhatsApp +256781345712...