Is the world gonna end in 2012???????????

• KRISTA
    19 years ago

ok ok I know this is a weird and totally random thing to bring up....have yall heard about the aztecs(however you spell that) and how they predicted that the world was gonna end in 2012? Everyone's telling me that the aztecs have only been off by a few seconds on events that they've predicted. I dunno what yall think about this, but it kinda freaks me out. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

December 2012 is the year that the Mayan calender ends.

There is some apocalyptic talk surrounding the "ascension," but it is all philosophical. Nothing is in stone.

Dont worry. The world will probably not END. The world may end AS YOU KNOW IT within the decade or so, but thats progressivism at its best. And life is such a delicate state regardless that you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, and would it really matter?

Refer to the "Do Great Poets Get Writers Block" thread under the first forum topic, "Poetry Discussion," I think it is. Read the last few posts between Matt and I. We discuss it there.

• Seronum
    19 years ago

Actually, Yes in theory the world will end in 2012, not only is it the year of the myan calender ending, but it is also a year of Great distructuion where a Comet is supposed to hit the earth similar to the dinosaour extinction. Another theory is we are supposed to be knocked off the north and south poles axis and will then fall into a multi demension realm where we will take on spirits, or demons, and any other entities that roam in the 4th and 5th demensions. Right now a great war is starting in the other demension between angels and demons. If you have ever heard of the war that happened in the past like this you will know what i am talking about. Its in the bible as well. Check it out

• KRISTA
    19 years ago

wow..................

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The 4th and 5th dimensions are higher vibrational planes. There are less demons there than in the 3rd.

Stop playing off fears and dont worry about it. Its a ways away.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

The 4th dimension is time, we have that already.

A north-south polar axis switch won't turn us into spirits it will just bugger up our entire electrical infrastructure.

No offence to the Mayans but if they are so great why didn't they survive? Their calendar should have run out all those many, MANY years ago when they were smacked from existance.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The 4th dimension is not ONLY time, on a grid it is, but on a plane it is just a number. Every dimension has time, no dimensions existance is void of something to space out events.

And there is philosophy and metaphysical history as to WHY certain bygone civilizations are no longer with us today.

And the axis' have shifted periodically throughout history and it wont kill us. It will change the electrical, magnetic, and energetic infrastructure, like Bret said.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol.

You are right in a sense.

But philosophy is about stretching limits, so technically no philosophy can ever be WRONG.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I hate when they almost land on you

• Casey
    19 years ago

aztecs said 2030 not 2012

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Aztecs weren't Mayan, Mayans were Mayan.

Inca, Olmec, Aztec, Maya... and so many more you can shake a stick and hit one with your eyes closed.

Maya:

A member of a Mesoamerican Indian people inhabiting southeast Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize, whose civilization reached its height around A.D. 300-900. The Maya are noted for their architecture and city planning, their mathematics and calendar, and their hieroglyphic writing system.

Sorry to be anal, but there you have it.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Thats why I made no reference to the Aztecs in my post.

2012 is the year that the MAYAN calender ends.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Its not that much more crap than the Bible, actually it could even be less crap. You never know.

No philosophy is wrong.

And faith dictates what's "right."

Theres the brick wall, right there. *smack*

• Jacki
    19 years ago

On May 5, 2000, all the planets are supposed to be in alignment. This will cause the earth to suffer earthquakes, volcanic eruption, and various other nasty stuff. A similar alignment occurred in 1982 and nothing happened. People fail to realize that the other 9 planets only exert a very tiny gravitation pull on the earth. If you were to add up the gravitational force from the rest of the planets, the total would be only amount to fraction of the tug the moon has on the earth.

were still here and fine.......just one perdiction on when the world was suppose to come to an end....

If we die we die you might die before 2012 so what do you really care? Are you afraid of death?

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I'm not even a christian but here you go.....

Mathew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Jesus Christ.

BUT

Michael Drosnin, author of "The Bible Code," found a hidden message in the Pentateuch (the first five books in the Bible) that predicts that a comet will crash into the earth in 2012 and annihilate all life.

maybe he too beilved in all that myan junk.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

You can probably find the same 'code' in Tolstoy's war and peace. It's probably in Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree as well.

• Elise
    19 years ago

You spell it Tolstoi not Tolstoy !!!!
    At least I think...

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The harmonic concordance (when the planets aligned, which I think is what you are talking about) was a positive astrological aspect, not a negative one.

If you want an astrological prediction to watch out for look out for bad weather, even disasters, miscommunications with people, things and people coming from your past, and general chaos between the 17th of March and the 18th of April. Mercury is going retrograde during that time, which causes general discord. It happens 3 times a year for 4 weeks. This is the first mercury retro of 2005. Look out for developments in the war and other conflict (even planetary [weather]) especially around April 8th for the solar eclipse in Aries. This will involve America especially.

Astrology is disputable, some people believe it, some people dont. It is a faith, but it has proven itself to me as a science and a discipline. Take it or leave it. I hope this post doesnt cause an uproar.

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

Oh quit it, you're scaring the children.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I think that this post would scare children:

"Is the world gonna end in 2012???????????"

The apocalyptic bull shit is a little old. I dont want to scare anyone, but my personal belief is that things will get pretty bad pretty quickly if we dont change some things. Whether that is because of our own undoing or if it is because of Jesus, the devil, aliens, etc. I dont really care, but hopefully humanity will wake up and stop doing stupid things. Most of us could agree with that in a sense...

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

I started reading this whole thing on dimensions and things. It easy to understand, just read "A Wrinkle In TIme" by Madeleine L'Engle. It explains it well, plus it's a good book.

xoxZoexox

• Ali
    19 years ago

If it ends, it ends. Why are we worrying about it? Shouldnt we be focusing on the present today? Not what ifs and what coulds and the fourth and tenth dimension? WTF does that mean anyways? how and where do people think these dimension exist? is there any proof to this? (those last three questions are actually questions I'd like answered if possible). But seriously, if youre that afraid, look inward and pray a little you'll find solace. I am not afraid to die and if the world would end tomorrow, I would be fine, because I dont carry any baggage and I believe I have lived a good life.

• Andriana
    19 years ago

Yes, we're all gonna die. MWAHAHAHAHA

• Andriana
    19 years ago

Posted two times. Edited.

• Andriana
    19 years ago

lmao dude. you make me laugh.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Is that GMT or EST?

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Ahhh GMT then (He is English, after all).

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Oh yeah, we are the chosen ones ;¬)

• Seronum
    19 years ago

I wonder why everyone would worry about the worl ending, i know alot are afraid to die but i think everyone should know they cant do anything about it lol

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Damn, Don... I slept in and missed it. I think God is putting it off until next week.

• Hurtingsoul
    19 years ago

if the world ends we will probraly dont know when so whats the 2012 deal is i guess you have to live like no tommorow right???

• Andriana
    19 years ago

No one knows really. We just have to wait and see. :D

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I hear the world was GOING to end this year, but we launched so many satellites in the past decade that we shifted the Earth's orbit, thus avoiding the asteriod that is going to pass between the Earth and our geosynchronous satellites.

Just kidding.

• Seronum
    19 years ago

actually i believe your half right. The comet you all are talking about for 2012 i believe is the one we blew up into a whole bunch of others and we looked for threats of any major astroids landing to earth. So as a result i dont think that comet for 2012 will exist anymore. But i am not positively sure if im correct so who knows.

• Jenny Sys
    19 years ago

About knocking the poles off of north and south, that is already in the doing. At the poles you have the magnetic north pole and magnetic south pole, this is where the two originally started out, and now they are slightyly anti-clockwise from there!!! Although if that's goin to make the world come to an end... then I think that we should really know what angle the poles need to be off!!!

• XxCamyxX
    19 years ago

hmmm...by 2012 I'll be 20! u little asses u just want me 2 die early!!! well 2 correct u the world will end when the sun will explose! which is supposed 2 be in 6 billion years!! by then i'll be...DEAD!!! so WHY should I care bout the end of the world now?? huh?? so ya'll ppl just shut da
    f%&* up and let the poor children live!!!! and die when THEIR time comes not when the EARTH'S time comes!!! THERE!!!!....my opinion :D

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Seeing as magnetic alignment shifts happen every ten to a hundred thousand years or so it would be very interesting if this one would succeed in wiping out life where all others have failed.

Evidence of alignment shifts can be found along active tectonic fault lines such as the ones in the pacific and atlantic oceans.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

supposedly there is a metorite that is travelling towards the Earth and will barely miss us, but it WILL miss us and the world will NOT end.