Name your sin(s)

• Impulse
    8 years ago

Some of us have more than others - be honest... The sad thing is I can name all 7 off the top of my head but can only name one virtue. "Know thyself". "Everyone must confront the demon within themselves if they are ever to find peace without".

Name your sin(s) (they take forms in many ways). They are - Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth, and Wrath.

I have four (in order): lust, sloth, pride and wrath... My only virtue is patience ha but even that is unfortunately used more often than not to facilitate my selfish desires. *sigh*. Life's little learning curves can be so difficult XP.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

Sins
    - Sloth
    - Envy
    - Gluttony
    - Greed
    - Pride
    - Wrath

Oh yeah I'm f-ded up lol

Virtues
    - Loyalty
    - Faithfulness
    - Kind (majority of the time)
    - Willing to help someone out.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

I don't have any sins :D, that's because I don't believe in a god

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Interesting post. I know there are a lot of people who believe different things about sin. That it exists, but people call it "evil" or an "imperfection". I like how you posted the 7 deadly sins but I think there can be millions sub-categorized. I also think it depends on a person's intention. Like in my faith there are obvious sins, anything that hurts God, others, or damages our relationship with God and strays us further away. I think what's most important is working toward realizing what we can work on, just like a person in recovery from something, a bad habit or something that damages them. We are all human, not perfect, but what distances ourselves from moving forward (whether one believes in a higher power or not)?

• Impulse
    8 years ago

My beliefs are a little... particular to say the least. Basically I believe in God, that Jesus Christ existed as a person and I treat the original versions of the Bible as literal history - with that said I do not believe in hell nor do I believe in "religion" as an organization, I view it as a hypocritical hierarchy. While I acknowledge the need for community and gathering within a belief structure, I feel that modern religion(s) and their excuses for excluding one another is blasphemy unto God in itself. I believe we will all meet the same maker, and it is written that no one has the right to judge except God, so fighting here on Earth is pointless and I refuse to do it =p.

While I respect an Atheist opinion (there was a time when I also did not believe in God, my family does not go to church, however my father did go to a Catholic school), I would challenge that most must have some spiritual viewpoint, whether involving ethics or morality. Most everyone abides by the most sacred commandments: Thou shalt not kill, though shalt not steal; Atheist do not go and commit murder on a whim, and even IF they were free to do so without consequence from law, something would still compel them to not kill random people on the streets I would bet (though they may kill a few who they feel deserve it). Is it a crime against God to steal food to feed starving children? Obviously all decent human beings would say no.

I personally just live in what I call "the grey area". Should someone who has violently killed 5+ people be put to death? Yes. Should one life be taken in exchange for another? No. There's a difference between justice and wrath, a difference in love, lust and our primal instincts, a difference between needs, wants, verses being greedy. At our cores we know when to draw the line, but most of us find excuses not to... I believe our souls are here to learn a lesson (or a few). Myself for example in having patience has taught me to recognize my own flaws and where to build upon my autonomy - I could stand to learn a little humility XP.

This could be discussed for pages =p

• GB
    8 years ago

Yes, could be discussed for pages, I remember old long threads about believing in the nature of existence... Golden days of this site!
    Still I agree with many thoughts MaryAnne mentioned. I consider anything that can harm the others a sin. and that might include anything.
    Currently, I consider being over-confident is my greatest sin lol

• Meena Krish
    8 years ago

I agree with MaryAnne too. Anything that hurts others intentionally is a sin and doing it even further to make another's life miserable and painful is an act of sin!

We all have our negatives and positives, goods and bad. How we use them and in what way we use them will decide whether its a sin or not. If you believe in God and abide by his sayings that in itself is good and it will ring a warning bell when you go astray...that is what I believe.