Demon In My View - Edgar Allen Poe

• DavidBrendan
    19 years ago

Has anyone ever read this piece of poetry by Poe and if so did any of you enjoy it? Dislike it? I thought it was extemely emotional and this is always one of my favorites poems to read or remember so I'm just wondering if anybody else likes it as well.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I've written this in a few other threads, but that poem is definetely my favourite by Edgar Allen Poe. Personally I agree with JPM; he expresses his emotions brilliantly throughout it, a very unique piece of work.

"My sorrow. I could not awaken
    My heart to joy at the same tone,
    And all I lov'd, I lov'd alone. "

They're personally my favourite lines in it; for me it gives GREAT meaning, and compliments what the heading is- "alone".

• Dorotea©
    19 years ago

You guys like Edgar Allan Poe??? uhm....I don't. I think his poems are freaky, and i just don't like the style. I only like one poem he's writing about bells in the winter....on a sleigh....or something.

• R
    19 years ago

I liked that poem. Poe is one of my fav. poets of all time.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I love the poem actually. I have not read much of Poe's work, but if most of it is like that, I wwould love to look into it more.

Thank you for posting it JPM.

• Avellana
    19 years ago

actually agree with JPM. it rhymes and has great detail.

• t i f f a n y ♥
    19 years ago

I love the poem Alone by Edgar Allen Poe. A friend of mine used it for a poetry project. It's beautiful.

• VSambulance
    19 years ago

alone by edgar allen poe is an amazing poem, but what's funny is what justplainme wrote. that he might have written it when he was drunk. he was an alcoholic after all. but the thing is his poems never became REALLY known until after his death (probably beacuse no one knows how he really died, some say alcohol poisoning, some say poisoning, and some say since he really liked cats, one bit him and he got rabbies). the point is that such a beautiful and meanigful poem could come from a person with so many problems (he had alot). but i guess that can go for alot of people on this website. *don't mean anything by that last point*

• Just Sierra
    19 years ago

WOOHOOO!!! GO Edgar Allen Poe!! He's my favorite poet in history other than Shakespeare.