some of my buds think writing is cheesy. is it?

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

some of my friends make fun of my poems. i love writng. but some of their words hurt. and their words go to my mind when i try to write. im afraid their words are poisoning my mind. am i the only one that has friends like that? am i the only one that feels this way?

• Hayley Marie
    19 years ago

Heya, i have friends like that! but my poems are a self therapy! if poetry is what u do and wat ur good at... Go for it! dont let anybody poison your mind!!! if i say pieces out of my poems out loud... or start writing them around my friends... they sometime laugh!! yes i agree it really does hurt! but then again, i think... 'are these my friends?' 'do they care that poetry helps me?' i dont have an answer. But as i have been in ur position i kno what it feels like! Keep Writing. I cant say dont be effected because its easier said than done. But show that it doesnt matter to you.. even if it does!! If they carry on.. just say 'if you are my friends, then u shouldnt laugh, you should be beside me with whatever i write'!
    Im sorry if this hasnt helped you!
    You can email me any time goldigga18@hotmail.com! *plz read/comment on my poems*
    Thanks Hayley xx

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

Some buds dont have the talent for it, not to say that everyone here writing has talent (i dont for example if you ask me). The thing is you write poetry because you are more diverse then your friends. I have alot of friends that have no talents at all. What they do all day is work/study, go shopping and go to parties. What kind of life is that? So tell them to f-off because they are "poor" humans.

• Anthony
    19 years ago

Hey my friends think the same thing but i tell them to go screw off and but most of my friends respect my writeing so.. jus tell them to screw off or wat eva u want ur choice :P

• no1important
    19 years ago

Hey i know how you feel. None of my friends make fun of me for writing cuz well i don't tell them for that exact reason. But they do make fun of me for just about everything else. But don't let it go to your head if writing helps you and you really like it then it dosen't matter what they say.

• Ashleigh Skye
    19 years ago

I have friends like that too, but I try to just let their words roll off me cause I enjoy writing and I do have a few of my friends who really love what I do as well... but even if everyone hated what I had to say I would still continue to write 'cause #1 I enjoy it, #2 I do it for myself and #3 it helps me get rid of all of the sadness and anger that i have building up.

• ~*LorienElf*~
    19 years ago

some friends i have are like that too. its because they dont feel those same feelings or dont understand. but trust me, if its from your heart, its not cheesy. nothing from the heart is cheesy no matter what they say.

• Johnny Marlin 2
    19 years ago

Who cares, I don't share my poetry with many of my friends, because I know they wouldn't like them. Do what you like to do. Who cares what they say. Don't let them get to your head.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Tell your friends to think less

And write more

Maybe then something of partial intelligence would come out of their windholes...

• Lostraindrops
    19 years ago

i agree above me....ppl just say its cheesey bc they dont understand it. poetry is more then showing how depressed u r n etc....poems can be about anything other then bad depressing things, such as a new creation or love or etc.

• Finalgravedigger
    19 years ago

writing aint cheesy its expressing your feeling in writing in a summary your friends are jealous because they cant write GG

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

Poetry isnt cheesy. Some people like to write, and some don't. It just depends on the person.

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

Agreed. ^^^^

• Adelle
    16 years ago

They are just jealous that you have a talent I personally don't tell most of my mates that I write poetry and only a couple of my mates read my poetry, don't let them ruin it for you.

• Rachel
    16 years ago

No just keep writing, who cares what they say, they aren't being true friends if they're making fun and distracting you from getting better!

• Independence Forever
    16 years ago

I think writing in itself is far better.

instead of sending emails i write letters because it shows the receiver that i care.

whenever i write a story i entrust it to my pad and not to a machine

writing is in my opinion more professional than any other form of communication, it keeps you in a humbler century

• Gem
    16 years ago

Can i just ask why do you care what they think?

If you like writing, do it. Why let someone control what you like doing with ignorant words?

• Tammie
    16 years ago

It used to bother me that some of my friends thought writing poetry is pretty cheesy, or lame. But I honestly don't care anymore. I'm proud of what I write, even if it isn't that good.

Don't worry about what your friends say about your poems, just don't show them. That's what I do. If they don't appreciate them the way the people do on a site like this, then don't bother showing them. Just share them with people like us, that share the appreciation of a good poem. :]

• Sarah
    16 years ago

Nah not at all.
    its perfectly natural to express yourself and anything else through your poetry. Friends can even be envious as they are lacking in talent, it happens sometimes, so nothing for anyone to be ashamed of :)
    xx

• Nykkiicia Cion
    16 years ago

Yea...wat they sed..teehee

• Katieandkatrina
    16 years ago

No ur not some of my friends are the same way dont let it get to you

• xXxemzxXx
    16 years ago

Some people juz arnt good at it so they diss it lol

• Brittany
    16 years ago

Writing is not cheesy at all.
    Being superficial and doing what others want you to do is cheesy.
    Your friends should be supportive of you, but if they are not mature enough to accept it, then keep writing for youself and have it for personal enjoyment.
    My opinion is, if you love it, do it. Especially with writing. Don't let anyone hold you from what you are truly passionate about.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

Dont write for them.....write for you

• The Angel of Secrets
    16 years ago

Hell no, writing is brilliant.

If your friends does not respect what you love, they are idiots.
    No offence.

• Cheshire Kat
    16 years ago

Hey. The only reason they make fun of your poems is because they don't understand your masterpiece or because they can't do what you can. And also, people have different writing taste. Maybe your friends are just those kinds, which doesn't make them bad--it means they just won't understand some things.

"Sticks and stone won't break my bones but words will never hurt me"....when you're writing, you write because YOU love it. You shouldn't let what they think or say affect you, cause you're not writing for them.

And no, i know several people who think my poems are weird. People say mine are depressing...i don't understand why though..^^ There are lots of people who feel like everyone hates what they write. Don't let it bother you, okay? I bet you're a great writer...

And an answer to your subject: NOOOO!!!! WRITING IS NOT CHEESY!!!! OMG, WRITING IS THE BEST AND I ABSOULTELY LOVE IT!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST WAY TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS, SO IT ISN'T!!!!!

• Kimmie
    16 years ago

I love it and thats all i need

• xXMohawkedMahemXx
    16 years ago

Like it says on my profile... your life your choice... if they make fun.. then not worty friends if you ask me... xx

• homebound
    16 years ago

Half of my friends thought i was insane and made fuin of my poems, so i told some of them to try it and when they did the came back to me and apologized. They didnt realize that feelings could be that deep until they released their own. Most likely your friends just dont know how to release themselves and if they do, then they my not find writing as big as an interest as you do.

• Narphangu
    16 years ago

Is this a serious question? Course it isn't.

• PMurphy
    15 years ago

The minute you let others tempt your fate.

Is the minute you realize things are just too late.

• Coldstone
    15 years ago

No ofcourse not poetry is not cheesy or anything...i agree with the other members ur friends r just jealous so dont take it seriously and DONOT let their words ruin ur talent!
    My freinds dont like poetry they used to make fun of me but when they saw that i was really into it they quit and started reading my poems and encouraging me! I love them!

• XxBR0K3NxX
    15 years ago

ABSOLUTELY NOT.
    ii HAVE FRiiENDS THAT THiiNK iiTS CORNY OR
    CHEESY THAT ii WRiiTE POETRY. BUT THEN ii TELL
    THEM THAT iiTS SOMETHiiNG THAT ii LiiKE AND THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER SO THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO RESPECT THAT. iiF THEY ARE YOUR REAL GOOD FRiiENDS, THEY WiiLL LEARN TO LAY OFF SAYiiNG HARSH WORDS AND RESPECT
    WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.