I am sure that you would agree on this that
    The environments that we are in
    Have direct effects on
    Our demeanors
    Nothing is in our control
    You would never hear this from me that
    Today was a good day

Now read it from down up

I saw this in Facebook, find it interesting and translated it. I do not know if the author invented this or was there before.
    My friend also said someone instagramed it to her.

• Poet on the Piano replied to ddavidd
    5 years ago

Very neat and honestly, to me this seemed like an exercise in perception.
    Also, to some degree, the whole nature vs nurture debate (which I love to think about because it's like an endless thought).
    Is having a positive attitude enough to keep away the negative or dark thoughts?
    Are we a product of violence around us or perceived violence?
    What is the definition of control and are our actions truly done in our name or are they influenced by others?

• ddavidd replied to Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

It must be good for perception, I agree. I haven't try to come with a version of my own yet. First it is hard to find any subject as easily reversible as depression. Reversing like this I am sure would have a very positive psychological effect on the reader, because at first, it lets the depression settle and sinks in every sentence and then one by one goes and reverse every single negativity. This must be invented by a psychologist, on purpose, because it is very deliberate, turning the feeling inside out. The translation (I suppose it was) was lousy, so I did not spend too much time repairing, turning it to English. Though I know investing some time, one could come with a great piece of one's own.

• ddavidd replied to Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Oops duplicate.
    That is okay put the space in good use::
    you asked:: "Are we a product of violence around us or perceived violence?"
    "What is the definition of control and are our actions truly done in our name or are they influenced by others?"

For the first one I suppose both are the same, if I understood your question correctly. We become the product of the violence mainly by preserving it through the media , movies, specially video games.
    This than goes on right to the second question:: Our action are never truly done in our name. I mean they are going to be notated under our names but how much we are responsible for them has been controversial in the history of civilization. Though "Law" - as it must_ has definite answers, which are also subjected to change.
    The discussion goes under the title: "Will and Necessity" or some call it "Liberty and Necessity". It deals with how our actions are necessitated by the social and natural circumstances, and how much freedom we have , or how our will power could affect the outcomes of that necessitation.
    There is not one answer. The answers are spactrom, from the total liberty to absolute non. I can give you some sources to ponder farther, if you be interested.
    But It is too long for here.
    My view is there are no definite answer. The both side have determinative role to play. But from each perspective, one or the other, becomes more consequential. It is a paradoxical notion, that one never could find the definite answer. One Just has to learn how to be at ease, being pulled by strong mental opposite forces. (as facing any other paradoxes.)