I could do with some feedback aka !HELP!

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

I've written a short story for children and I think I'm gonna try and get it published.

I've had the idea in my head for years (about 20 at the very least) but I've finally finished it. This is completely alien to me and I've no idea how it will be received.

If anyone has young kids or grandkids and love a bedtime story this is aimed directly at you.

If interested PM me and I'll forward it on. I need as much feedback as possible before I approach an agent.

Regards to one and all

Craig

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

ps I'm bricking it lol

• Hellon replied to CJ Maleney
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

I have six grand kids ages between 13 and 6, five boys and one girl (the youngest) so...I'm pretty sure there is at least one that will be age appropriate for your story so, if you like I can pass your story on to them. They can, of course, all read by themselves now but, I can read over it for you also if you like.

EDIT

They are quite hard critiques I will add :) My daughter is also a primary school teacher so, I could have her read it too if you like.

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon
    4 years ago

that would be brill, I'll forward it on later

• Sunshine
    4 years ago

Hey! That's fantastic. I can help too. I'll get back to you with an academic and KIDS' feedback too. Whenever you send it!

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

I’d be happy to look at it
    I’ll pm my email

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

For those to whom I've sent the story!

I've just had it dictated back to me. I realise there are type errors.

My wish is to know how it is received by your young people. Errors I can sort in due course.

Despite its length this story has honesty been in my brain for 20 years or more. If I can make a few little souls smile then my randomness of imagination succeeded in something.

Craig