Weekly Winners - March 16!

• PnQ Mod Account
    4 years ago

Hello community, Rania here. Hope you're all doing fine, breathing fresh-air and trying to stay safe! I hope the new outbreak has not affected any of you or your beloved ones. Stay indoors and write more poems. In hope that the situation will settle out soon without further causalities, I leave you with this week's front page poems and the judges' comments below.

The website will feature The Nicest Thing by MA, Happy Poem by Saerelune, and Maple's Deafening poem.

Thank you judges and everyone else.

COMMENTS:

The Nicest Thing. by POTP 17 points

There's something absolutely bittersweet about encasing something in amber; being able to look back on it as needed but also having to live with the full realization that there could have been more. In retrospect it might have bee a wise decision, but there's always a part of one's soul that will be left wondering. This is wonderfully written, with a lot of quotable verses. (10)

------

I have always appreciated how Mary Anne has always been so open with her poems. She speaks of young love, hopes and dreams, loss and yearning. I love the point where she says :" we didn't know lust could be innocent" - when you are young and still learning yourself you really have no idea what feelings you could be envoking in another or yourself for that matter. We don't learn this until we've been dragged about a time or two. This is a lovely piece about coming to age and discovering ourselves, a piece of Mary Anne she has shared with us and for that I thank you-(7)

Happy Poem II by Saerelune 11 points

This warms my heart, the poet's realization that they deservere more and are slowly willing themselves to it. We should be our own happy poems :) (7)

-------

In my opinion the starting line is sad, from there we immediately know that the poet wants to one day wake up happy. Then the optimism in this poem filled me up. I am an optimistic person, but at some point it just started crumbling. The poem made me realize that and reminded how important it is especially in times like this. I love the images in this poem. And thank you so much for sharing it!! (4)

The Deafening by Maple Tree 11 points

Andrea is this rare mother earth who has graced us with her words on these pages. She's magical and spiritual and sees and hears things no one else can. Some times the world is too much, the noises too intense for her spirit. She needs to close down, quiet the chaos swirling around her. She takes her aids out, listens to the world in a completely different way. She really sees and connects because of it, and writes these beautiful pieces because of it. (4)

--------

This has resonated with me, which I had not expected. It’s almost like imagining a look on the face of someone you know who is not so far away yet you can’t see them. Like imagining how beautiful the twinkling stars are when you are watching the same night sky as everyone else yet your eyes fail you. When almost everyday you create a world that is clear to your eyes at least, where the leaves on the tree on side of the road look so magnificent with their beautiful details.
    This poem maybe beyond all that and much deeper, every time I read it I find myself falling deeper into it. I truly love it. (7)

Dump Nymphs by Tony Grannell 10 points

Tony's poem this week reminded me of the nursery rhyme poem "Monday's Child". He writes his piece in a similar vein. If you are born into a particular life you will live that life and die that life. The repetitions he uses in each line allows this poem to flow. It's a dark piece but the way it's written captivated me so. Tony has a way with words and this piece is no exception.

My Kobe Sonnets by Mark Points:10

The master of sonnets yet crafts another extra special beautiful tribute sonnet(s). I love the how there are three sonnets, each one can stand on it’s own yet together they make one special poem. There are so many parts that stand out for me, one of which is this:
    “The clouds conceal your form but not your praise”
    What a great read this is!

Child of Redemption (4 pts)

You can feel the weight of this poem come to its crescendo at the ending, a well written piece.

• Brenda
    4 years ago

Congratulations to all the front page winners and HM's! I agree with Rania, stay home and write more poems! Wonderful idea! Thank you Rania for hosting and our judges for judging. So many awesome pieces, I don't envy them.

• Maple Tree
    4 years ago

Congratulations everyone! Hugs to you Nana <3

Thank you sweet judges for your kind and uplifting comments, its precious to read fellow poets get what I write <3

• Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago

Thank you, to the two judges, and to Ben for nominating. A big congrats to all winners! And thank you Rania, for hosting :)

Thinking of you all <3

• Maher
    4 years ago

Congrats all, stay safe and DON'T panic! :)

• Tony Grannell replied to PnQ Mod Account
    4 years ago

Dear Judges,
    I am only becoming familiar, au fait, as it were, with the site, so please allow me to express my sincere appreciation, surprise and excitement on my two wins and honourable mention and please allow me also to congratulate all the winners for their most splendid poems, true poets, one and all.
    My kind regards to you all, Tony.

• Ben Pickard
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Lovely poetry all round this week. Well done to the three winners (am I rather smug about nominating two of them? not at all...) and also the hms!
    Take care everyone. I do hope you are all keeping well, family and friends included.

Ben

• Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

Congratulations to this weeks winners and HMs some really greaf poetry again this week. Huge thanks to Rania for collating and the judges for volunteering all without whose help the competition wouldn't be possible