Weekly Contest Winners - January 4, 2021!

• PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Hello, hoping everyone has a great start to their week, and a great start to 2021!
    Congrats to Keira, Mark, and Larry, as well as Mr. Darcy and Skyfire.

"Blackberries", Keira's second win, is an ode to youth, summer and the joy of berry-picking. There's a playfulness and a rhyme that leaves the reader with a smile.

"a very needing pruning", by hiraeth, is filled with stunning imagery, metaphors and a focus on tending to either new love, or love in need of new soil.

"Crossing the Channel" is a descriptive piece by Larry that documents the adventures, and perils, of the sea. And Larry writes with an invigoration and determination in his words.

Congrats to all, and many thanks to our two judges for their time!
    ~MA

COMMENTS:

"Blackberries (random writing thread)" by: Keira Pickard

"Keira is becoming a powerful writer at her young age and with this random writing piece, she made me want blackberry pie! I could visualize the black berries and I could see the stains on faces - This was a fresh, innocent delight to read!" (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"This delicious piece reminded me of 'Blackberry-picking' by Seamus Heaney and is equally delightful. Who hasn't gone on such an excursion and felt the simple joy of a ripe and juicy blackberry squishing between the fingers when plucked a little too hard? Truly, this poem is a lovely read that captures the moment wonderfully." (4)

"a very needing pruning" by: hiraeth

"A nature tone, metaphoric delight by Hiraeth this week. Tending to a garden ( a new love or long love- bringing it to life once again) - pruning the negative and bringing freshness. Love the word usage and whats beautiful about this poem is the reader can visualize the love being in the garden and both are sprouting new flowers, in the ground and in the heart. Powerful poem!!" (10)

"Crossing the Channel" by: Larry Chamberlin

"Wonderful, dark imagery, wonderful use of metaphor and a truly transporting piece of poetry from Larry that is fully deserving of 10 points. Well done." (10)

HM's:

"wine cellar" by: Mr. Darcy

"What better place to not succumb to the need for a drink than in a wine cellar? But surely, there has to be an incentive? Perhaps a lost loved one's chair is all the balm needed to soothe the day's tension. A beautifully written and imaginative piece that cradled me as I read and almost had me napping!" (7)

"run & hide" by: Skyfire

"This is a dark and sorrowful write, to be locked in a corner and feeling alone, wanting to reach out to the stars, dark of night to be set free perhaps? Skyfire wrote such a beautiful and deep poem that made me feeling like a possible captivity to anxiety or depression. Loved the mystical and celestial feeling through out this poem. Beautiful!" (4)

• Mr. Darcy

Congratulations everyone and big thanks to MA for hosting, also to our judges - wonderful selections all round.

• Star
    3 years ago

Well done and congrats everyone :)
    Thank you MA and judges for your time!!!!

• Meena Krish replied to Star
    3 years ago

Congrats Winners and thank you judges for your efforts. Thank you for hosting MA!!

• prasanna replied to Meena Krish
    3 years ago

Thank you judge for your lovely comment, and thank you both for your hard work! Congrats to the other winners and all those who picked up a HM!

• Ben Pickard

Well done to Keira, Larry and Mark - all wonderful pieces that make up a truly diverse front page. Thank you judges and to MA for posting.

• Keira Pickard

Thank you to the judges and MA! Also congratulations to the HMs and other winners!

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Congratulations to all the front page winners and HM's! Beautiful writing all around! Thank you to our judges and Mary Anne for hosting.

• Larry Chamberlin
    3 years ago

Congratulations to Keira and Mark and to the honorably mentioned. Thanks MA, for hosting and to the judges.
    Thanks also to Ben for nominating the poem and to Star for the thread and Luce for the prompt.