Weekly Contest Winners - February 8, 2021!

• PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. This week, we have some incredible pieces highlighted. Both judges voted for hiraeth's piece, brimming with emotion and imagery, imagining if our love forgets our name and moves on to someone else. With the nod to Orpheus, it creates a heart-wrenching piece: looking back, eager, fearful to be without love, yet losing it. Next, Ben's sonnet is a tale of a knight fighting for love, keeping the themes of bravery, dragons and everything that comes with that close. But it has a tragic turn, perhaps realistic, that it isn't always happy endings, and we often have to face the complications that come with the quest for love, the ways in which it dismantles our armor. Last but not least, Anthony also writes with rhythm and rhyme, incorporating fantasy and a dark commentary on the lies we tell and try to hide, yet are always uncovered. Many thanks to our judges, and congrats to the winners & HM's!

-MA

WINNERS:

"3.78 cm per year." by: hiraeth

"Breathtaking- Hiraeth just blew me away with this longing for love and the distance tween two souls. Its blanketed with realistic feelings and covered with powerful visual displays. The format- WOW, just love the uniqueness to this poem as well." (10)

"Did you know that the moon is spinning away from Earth’s gravity at an annual measurement equal to the growth of our fingernails each year? No, well, it is amazing what you can learn from this poem. What does this mean? Well, many things I am sure! Some relationships can be likened to our moon. She is beautiful, shining in the nights sky, a reminder of when love was young. The pain though is slow and inevitably, she will drift, like our moon, away until the tidal lock is broken, or not as the case may be. I thoroughly enjoyed this poem – it is written in such a way that it is, in fact, a gift that keeps on giving!" (7)

"Love Blind (English sonnet)" by: Ben Pickard

"I do like the use of old English imagery: Dragons, swords and shields. A Sonnet is traditionally about love, and this one explores the battle of love. The metaphor of love: an almighty dragon vs the knight, protecting himself against love. The knight who was previously burned by the dragon has built castle walls to protect from ever being hurt this way again, only to realise that love will always find a way, in this case across a ‘shallow moat’ and to his heart. Let’s hope this tale is one where they live, happily ever after!" (10)

"Gibbous Moon" by: Anthony Krieman

"This rhyme poem was beautiful and it had a powerful message for what the world is experiencing today. The mask is so significant to the poem and yet with the nature tones of this piece it brings a twist to the poem. Just lovely!" (7)

HM's:

"Interposted" by: Satish Verma

"The beauty of each stanza was breathtakingly beautiful and yet the message for me was one of sorrow and yet hope. This poem by Satish is elegant and the visual display was one that left me with several pictures in my head. Wonderful!" (4)

"Prolonged goodbye." by: Poet on the Piano

"Long goodbyes. Do we have a love/hate relationship with them? We continually revisit what refuses to heal. A love that was special, and yet, cannot be physically be owned retreats to a cold distant place. The song ‘My December’ which inspired this poem, is one you need to listen to, to appreciate these words and this suffering. Suffice to say, I revisited my own pain of a lost love from listening to it. I will return again to watch more of my lifetime’s blood drip away. “…the sun could hold enough warmth, but it's not enough even I know this.” (4)

• Mr. Darcy
    3 years ago

Thanks MA, here's a lolly for hosting this week. Big congratulations to all winners and those who scooped a HM. Also, I have 2 more lollipops, one each for our deserving judges. :)

• Keira Pickard
    3 years ago

Thank you MA for hosting, and to the judges. Congratulationsto the winners and HMs!

• Meena Krish replied to Keira Pickard
    3 years ago

Congratulations Winners and those who received HMs- well done!

Thank you judges and thank you for hosting MA!

• Ben Pickard
    3 years ago

Well done to all involved and many thanks to the judges for giving up their free time, week in and week out.

• prasanna
    3 years ago

Thank you judges for your lovely comments. Congrats to the other winners and those who picked up a HM!

• Kitty Cat Lady
    3 years ago

Well done to this week's deserving winners and HMs and thanks to the judges too. Fab stuff! =^.^=

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Congratulations to all the front page winners and HM's! Stellar writing all around! Thank you judges for making the tough choices and your time and efforts. Mary Anne, thank you for hosting! I hope everyone's week is filled with kind words and love.