Discord?

• Nevi
    2 years ago

Not sure that this is the right place for it, but I thought it would be worth throwing out there!

I'm an old member who got brought back by nostalgia, and it's so sad to see how quiet this place has become! Is there/would anyone be interested in making a discord channel to pair with the site? It might help the chat functionality be more streamlined/lively and would make it easier to keep up with one another.

That said I'm not even sure who is still around, as I lost most of the people I kept in touch with off-site when I took a social media break.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Nevi
    2 years ago

Nevi! How are you?!

Discord is a neat idea, I can't remember if someone had mentioned that idea in the last year or so. I personally don't use Discord much at all, maybe once every month or so if I play with a certain group of people and we use the voice chat, but I really find the chat/server fairly easy to use and quite accessible.

I honestly couldn't say if it would bring more activity in or make the community feel more connected, but hopefully others see this and can chime in if they're interested!

• Nevi replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Maryanne! I'm doing well, I hope you are too! I miss all the MM's so much! I hardly ever use the voice channels on the servers I'm in, but the chat could be useful.

I'd be glad to set up a server and post the link here for anyone interested, I just didn't want to step on any toes with the mod team.