Question regarding Nominations/Readership

• prasanna
    2 years ago

I've noticed that readership on pnq is down as a whole, and there's only a handful of poems being nominated weekly. Like right now, there's only a total of 4 poems nominated, (I still haven't made my nominations for the week), but what do you think we can do get readership back up, I feel like there's a lot of unread poems on here, and some worthy of nominations that aren't being nominated. What do you think of being permitted a second account in order to nominate poems, or letting people be senior members by relaxing the criteria of a praised comment? Whenever I do post, I try and read the most recent poems posted before and after mine, I'm not the best at leaving comments, but I'm going to try to be more consistent with leaving a comment even if it's super short.

• Star replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

I know the idea of a second account to nominate isnt the ideal solution, but I actually think it’s a good one.
    I’ve been thinking of ways we can help, but can’t think of any. Also we can’t update the website, so there’s really not much we can do other than reading and commenting more.

• prasanna
    2 years ago

Another suggestion is we change the weekly, by letting it being opt in: instead of terms, just let anyone be a judge, and don't make comments necessary. If anyone wants to judge a week, they can and have them submit their comments by a certain time, if not then, then it can be assumed they're not attaching any comments. I think it might entice people to read and be more active on here, since they would have an active role on here. It might even encourage some of the newer members / people who don't interact with the site as much, to read & possibly comment some more. Anyway just a thought.

• Lost star replied to prasanna
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hi all, I was reading through and maybe there could be a nominator suggestion box? So, maybe have it work along the lines that members who don't have nomination status can request the status or perhaps they could be put forward for nomination status by a senior member?

Just thinking out loud :)

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

These are all really good thoughts and suggestions! I definitely think it's worth discussing. I try to read poems throughout the week, then go over everything and nominate on Friday night... but there have been times that I completely forget. I know some weeks there seems to be variety, and other times, it may be a slower week with only a handful of new poems submitted. I am just grateful when people do choose to post their work, and when others like it, even if there aren't comments, at least there's engagement from members :)