Weekly Contest Winners - January 10, 2022!

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone has been doing well. This week, we have a few themes emerging from these poets. With Kate's poem, it's easy to get lost in the dreaminess and metaphors of the romance described, and Kate excels in creating lovely images that carry the theme throughout. Next, ddavidd's poem captures the depth and meaning of what it is to be a soul, the contrast of feeling alone yet sharing our experiences in that. And last but certainly not least, Star's poem speaks of freedom, of addressing the doubts, Nimbus, and holding one's head high *be sure to read her footnote!*. Congrats to all three winners, and many thanks to our solo judge!

Have a great start to the week :)

- MA

"Celestial Dance" by: Kate

"Sublime imagery merging together the awestruck wonder of the cosmos with the indescribable feelings of love, such a beautiful piece of poetry. The formatting of the poem also sort of looks like a nebula to me which adds another layer to this piece. Well done!" (10)

-----------

"Being a real Soul" by: Bob Gallo

"An intriguing write that comes to the conclusion that we're all stitched together under one sky - housing all our solitude in it, which is very true. We're all bound together by invisible threads, whether we know it or not, and that entire experience shapes our experience of existence in one way or another." (7)

------------

"Nimbus, it's time to escape" by: Star

"I love this poem; naming all those feelings of doubt, anything that can make you second-guess yourself and writing a sort of ode to it, acknowledging it, and pushing it into the light. We all have our Nimbus!" (4)

• Meena Krish replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congrats Kate, Bob Gallo and Star!
    Thank you judge and thank you for hosting MA!

• Star
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for nominating my poem MA, and to the judge for your vote and comment!!
    Congrats to kate and Bob Gall too :)

• BOB GALLO
    2 years ago

Thanks to the judge. Also thanks to MA. two times, one for hosting, and one for nominating my poem.