Weekly Contest Winners - February 28, 2022!

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. This week, the judges both voted for Kate's sweet and uplifting poem about her niece in "Permanent Boops". Next, D.'s "Haze" captures loneliness and a feeling of disorientation in a surrounding we may recognize, yet not feel at home in. Last but not least, Xaque's "Light Wave" is highlighted, a radiant poem exploring light and humanity.

Many thanks to our two judges for their time! Congrats to our winners, and congrats to Michael and Weeping Willow for their Honorable Mentions!

COMMENTS:

"Permanent Boops" by: Kate

"There is not a lot I need to write about this poem as I think many will agree it's lovely. When judging poems it's often difficult to read through the sadness of people's lives without being dragged down a little ourselves. Yet we read on as this is what we do. On a rare occasion something like this pops up! It is full of love and smiles that it simply lift the heart of the reader. A fantastic, wistful little poem that will leave the reader with smile. So so enjoyed." (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"This poem is so cute. It's always the simplest of things that often leave a lasting mark on us." (4)

"Haze" by: D.

"This is a poem that stirred some dark thoughts and memories within me. It reminds me of the time when I was somewhat lost and forlorn. That time between what are fueled dreams where what we conceive seems real. Then sobriety hits home and every sound assaults the senses. I don't think this poem is about full addiction but it certainly reminds me a slope I once slipped down and now try to avoid. A very well articulated and brave write that I am pleased to give my top slot." (10)

"Light Wave" by: Xaque

"The use of rhyme doesn't detract from this poem whatsoever. What a lovely poem, it's amazing to think what a single wave of light can inspire within us, and have been inspiring humans since the dawn of our time. Seriously awe-inspiring." (10)

HM's:

"Never Again" by: Weeping Willow

"It's amazing how easily we can get swept up in someone else, and this poem speaks volumes to that. It's a gentle journey of finding that balance of putting myself first while finding someone else to add onto that happiness, and being there for one another in a healthy manner." (7)

"Capacity" by: Michael

"Yet another fantastic poem by Michael. Often his work will not resonate as often it is too complex for my tiny little brain. Yet every now and then he will drop a bomb such as this. It is a poem to me that seems so relatable. Often we have to make a choice of either head or heart. Those are hard choices to make. Often when you think you have wrapped your head around such that choice can be taken away by the actions of another. I'll never fully understand the thought behind the words but I don't think I'm a million miles away. Brilliant poem that certainly gets the brain working." (4)

• Meena Krish replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Thank you MA for hosting and thank you judges: congrats and well done.

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi All :)

Congratulations to all three front page poets and HMs awarded.

Thank to the judges for their efforts every week, and to the judge that voted and comments on mine, much appreciated.

Thank you to Scott for nominating.

Much love
    M :)