Weekly Contest Winners - March 28, 2022!

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Hello and happy Monday! Our judges this week were in agreement on two poems. First, Obscure brings us a comforting piece, with a soft rhyme and repetition of "hold you". Beautiful similes shine throughout "Hold" that remind a person they are not alone - they have an anchor, someone who will be their support through it all. Next, Weeping Willow writes a powerful piece on not bringing one's self down to lift up others, creating boundaries, and saying "no" - all in a poetic way, tying in the weight of what "breaking the cycle" means. Last but not least, Star's poem is highlighted, another reminder of rebirth. That even if our footprints and dreams seem to disappear, we will still reach somewhere, and move forward, even if we don't always know it. Congrats to our three winners, and to ddavidd on his contemplative piece with "Just Tell Me". Many thanks to our two judges.

Take care, everyone!

- Elliott

COMMENTS:

"Hold" by: Obscure = 14 points

"I so enjoyed reading this piece. The poem reads with a delicate soft tone that brings a blend of romance and nature. The poet takes me on a beautiful journey of colourful images, that keeps a nice smooth rhyme throughout. A joy to read. Well done." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Beautifully written, <3" (4)

"The Cycle" by: Weeping Willow = 14 points

"It takes true strength to finally break cycles, and to stop the cycle of hurt. Some people have no idea of how much they harm others." (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A somewhat sad piece of writing, that shows how the poet has very strong feelings of what I read as someone in their life that has caused pain. Their words are chosen to fit what this person has felt. A powerful piece." (7)

"a new home in the heart of a warm ocean" by: Star = 10 points

"As a reader, I felt like this poet dipped my brain in the waters of their imagination with such strong imagery. Absolutely lovely write." (10)

HM's:

"Just Tell Me" by: BOB GALLO

"I sensed the poet was displaying a spiritual thread all the way through their piece. The journey of a butterfly, and where it may travel to. Butterflies are known to be spirits of the deceased. The poet takes me through images of curiosity, and this kept me interested. An enjoyable read." (4)

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi all :)

Congratulations to the front page poets and HMs awarded.

Thank you to the judges for their time and effort.

Thank you star for nominating my poem.

Much love. M

• Meena Krish replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Congrats to the front page Winners and HM's! Thank you judges and thanks for hosting Elliott!

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Thanks for hosting & posting, Elliott. Congrats to the winners and HR; thanks to the judges.

• Star
    2 years ago

Thank you for the comment and the vote ^_^

Congrats Weeping Willow and Obscure for the win and BOB GALLO for the HM.
    Thank you for the lovely intro and hosting Elliot. Also thank you so much for your time judges , we really appreciate it :)