Weekly Contest Winners - May 16, 2022!

• PnQ Mod Account
    1 year ago

Hello! Many thanks to our two judges this week for their time and dedication. Cassie's piece, "Do Not Weep", considers death, leading one to only imagine where our journey ends at, and those who will mourn us. It reminds me how, no matter how we view death or what we believe happens afterward, one can celebrate another's life, and also learn to accept the uncertainty of where we may or may not end up. BOB GALLO's "The Satisfaction" is a poem of authenticity and relishing the times where we can share our truths with others, get lost together, be vulnerable, and experience the unknown (and known) ways of human connection. Last but not least, the site broke a third-place tie and chose Jemia's "The Flower Moon", a peaceful read with reverent tones toward nature, filled with magic and spirits and intrigue. Kate's "Paralyzed" lands an honorable mention as well as highlights from Stephen and Satish.

Congrats to the winners and HM's! Thanks again to our judges and hope everyone has a great start to their week.

~ Elliott

COMMENTS:

"Do Not Weep" by: cassie hughes

"Poetry at its finest. I would be more than content to have this recited at my funeral." (10)

"The Satisfaction" by: BOB GALLO

"A nice piece of writing that contains essential elements to seek balance and as the title ‘satisfaction’ with others. The lay-out of the poem fits nicely of how the poet portrays their message showing that we have to share so much in order to come to understandings and a feeling of satisfaction. Well done." (10)

"The Flower Moon" by: Jemia de Blondeville

"Such a lovely poem that captures a sense of romance where the moon plays a vital part. Lovely imagery and stanzas that gently rhyme, bringing this whole piece a joy to read and a little sigh at the end. Very nice." (7)

HM's:

"Paralyzed" by: Kate

"After reading this, you too can feel the paralysis the poet has felt. What a gripping write..." (7)

"Charlotte Rose" by: Stephen

"An extremely emotional write, it takes a certain strength to be this honest, but the thing that shines through is how much love you have for your daughter." (4)

"Indebted" by: Satish Verma

"An intriguing piece of writing, where the poet uses metaphors in many various ways to express their piece. I feel this is a reflection on their relationship with another, maybe as they write of ‘desire’ ‘falling’ and maybe fear of loss in some way. A curious piece that i enjoyed reading and attempting to work out their story." (4)

• BOB GALLO
    1 year ago

Thanks to the judges and to the one for the interesting comment. Thanks to Elliott for hosting and thanks to lovely Meena and Elliott who humbled me by their attention and nominating me.

• cassie hughes
    1 year ago

Only just spotted this and didn't even know it had been nominated! Thanks so much to the mod for the lovely comment and congrats to the other winners.