The Question

• BOB GALLO
    1 year ago, updated 1 year ago

In the light of that that some of you liked these kinds of questions and unknown-venturing, questions, here we go::

Have you yet heard THE music?? Not this and that, THE music.

This might as well be the most inherent question in the scope of an individual's life, the most forgotten, yet, imperative one.

• BOB GALLO

I know I aimed too high for us, asking such a transcendental question.
    I know there are elements of madness in venturing into unknown. But aren't we mad enough? Are we even poets?
    Not even you Luce? you were a brave one!
    Hearing THE music is a life altering event. You'll never be the same after. Aren't we even inspired that there, is, "THE music" and there is a possibility that one day some of us are going to hear?
    Human being is not only flesh, and song is not only made of tangible notes. Flesh, world, words, musical notes,...., all are only the cocoon of our spirits. Life (living) is not the butterfly experience, it is experiencing inside chrysalis. There are only the dream of emancipation.
    What is the alternative choice? worshiping our prisons?

Eor enlightenment, like the antiquarian esoteric wisdom, one must learn to assume: "Drinking water, from an empty canteen"

Though THE music is real, I witnessed.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to BOB GALLO

In a mundane experience, I was sitting in a sales meeting in a Louisiana Bank. I was selling an electronic graphics sign to a bank. A song began to play which gradually gained my attention: "Baker Street." When the sax solo came on I no longer could hear either the bank President, his VP of Advertising or my own answers to them. My mind was literally transferred to a different plane. I have no memory of the rest of the meeting, but I somehow had a signed contract when I left. The song still transports me.

On a different level, years ago I was once Trapped on the top of the Hueco Tanks in West Texas. There was no way down, despite my having ascended by free bouldering. The top of the mesa contained several ponds with whole self-contained ecosystems within: algae, minnows, tadpoles, salamanders, dragon flies and various smaller insects and bugs. I sat on the edge of the tank, fifty or so feet above an inaccessible ledge. As I sat in the afternoon sun pondering the impossibility of safe descent I went into a mild trance. I could at first feel and then I could hear the vast solid rock beneath me humming in the sun and wind. Vultures flew below me and some ascended to alight on the ledge several yards away from me. The vibration-humming of the Tank continued even when I stood. As I walked it rose and fell depending on my direction. The loudest was at a sheer pitch cliff more than a hundred feet. It lowered to a mild undercurrent at a cleft I had not explored before. Looking down the cleft I could see vulture feathers which seemed to have been carried down in rain-flow. I inched over the edge and slid down for more than a minute on pure trust - landing on a slight ledge. I collected the feathers and stuffed them in my jeans. The rock was hot to the touch and the humming grew louder to the left. I stopped and inched my way to the right as the hum grew lower. I came to another notch, below which more feathers were caught on rocks below. I took that route, again sliding to safety dozens of feet below. I always collected the feathers on the way, following the rain-flow path as revealed by the feathers and confirmed by the lower hum of the rock.

Years later those feathers decorate the nest-hat of a construct I crafted from a branch that has the form of a Tolkien Ent. I have heard that hum of magma rocks in several other places, but these are other stories. It was only this one time that it led me to life.

• BOB GALLO replied to Larry Chamberlin

Wow I do not see any Mundane in these experiences. It is quite enchanting stories though a bit different than mine. But there is something about THE Music that after hearing it you know you are hearing IT, and no one is playing, and it is amazing. But for me the most beautiful thing about the experience is the feeling the euphoria! It is like you hearing the language, the tune of the essence. You suddenly realize there are something that bounds the universe beyond the mundane experiences, even though they unfold upon those experiences.
    You are the first person who I com across since 2002 in which I experienced "The music," Who had similar encounters. See, we are not that lonely in this forsakenness.

Thanks Larry for gracing us with your respond and sharing the wonderful stories.
    I am not done in my respond. I am rushing it, but hopefully the inspiration will be there later to continue when less busy.

Love and regards
    DD

• Everlasting

THE music?

What music? I’ve been trying to figure out how excess copper lowers b5? Or if higher copper levels influence vitamin D status? The idea just keeps beeping in my head. It’s just beeping. I try following the beep but my kids need my attention yet this beep keeps on beeping as if I’m getting closer. It’s somehow annoying yet exciting. Sometimes, it gets me on my toes. I’m ready to tip toe my way out of any particular situation where my presence is not required so that I can follow that beep. Do you hear it?

* beep*

see ya

• BOB GALLO replied to Everlasting

Haha Luce talking about poetry you think of laundry list, Now talking about music and you remember beeps!! :) :)
    Though, I see your humor. But I hope you know it is bitter a little. I am so sorry if you have some conditions. I hope You find your ease facing all these challenges. But taking care of children I know how tough but it is a normal task , everyone makes at least one or two. I know of a gal taking medicine in UFT ( do you know how hard it is UFT??) with a two yeas old and a 4. My grandmother had 12 children, They often lost the count on the dinner table, how big the family was. My sister however has only one but she couldn't do it without my mom. Then, her friend has 4 and her mom is back home in another country, but my sister's friend is on top of it. She even recently registered in college or university as well. So people's tolerance and capacities are so different. Most of those examples, sure, are due to their mental conditions. My grandma was not a super hero, but she knew she had to do what she had to do.... When we think we are in a pressure cooker, we shall be, in a pressure cooker!! Even a couple of hours in heavy duty construction job, (water proofing and demolition...., are my specialties,) is harder than a whole day job in other fields. But often we work up to 16 hours. No one , including myself do not know how we manage to handle, but we do, when there is no choice. Recently I keep hurting myself, so I have sometimes for here and some other personal interests.
    Don't condition yourself as an overwhelmed mother who is dealing with health problems. Condition your mind as a warrior who laughs at her fatigues. Decades ago, I read Dr Dyer talking about the time and how an individual could stretch it with her mental stability and strength, not in length (not possible) but in the magnitude. Oops sorry I am again advising.

Anyway, those beeping sounds you mentioned goes off on every person. Do you want to compare them with "speaking in tongue" or experiencing "THE music" ? Go ahead. I see your witty humor. I wish I am wrong about your little bitter intonation though, because I hope the experience one day reveals itself to you. And I am sure it will. You are an incredible woman and all these challenges you're having, are made for you because you have a vast abilities to evolve above them. You must learn to tap into them. I think then, you are going to remember me as a good friend.

Thank you Luce
    With love
    DD

• Everlasting replied to BOB GALLO

Yeah, it’s really tough to study, have a job, and take care of children. I experienced it before. Unfortunately, I couldn’t finish my bachelors in mathematics despite having help. Real Analysis got me. My brain fog while taking test was unreal. I couldn’t remember anything. I didn’t understand why at the time, now I do. My professor was puzzled since I could do my homework and explain everything while in conversation. The blood pooling and being sitting was the problem. Anyways,

I’m actually pretty good. I do feel sleepy but now is my fault. If I can find the relationship between vitamin D (hormone D) and copper, it would be amazing! Actually, if I can figure out how copper lowers b5… this would help me a lot in figuring out hormones. I could problably expand my hypothesis and explain why some autoimmune diseases happen.
    But, oh well, I know my priorities. I keep reminding myself to not get lost in the info. My kids are my priority. Yesterday we went trick and treating. They were so happy.

Edit: by the way, sorry about the tone. I’m basically in a dilemma. I want to follow that beep… but I can’t. It might lead me to the metal (copper)… it beeps like the beep from a metal detector. I don’t know about the music. I don’t mean to make fun or anything even though I see now that that’s how I came across. My apologies.

Edited

No worries Luce. You are fine. I understand your situation. I also know you were humorous and I like humor.

Larry, there is no way out of this before I confess that my experience was so similar to yours.
    It was year 2002, I was in Tucson Arizona working as a franchise coffee shop manager. I was about to become the general manager but they exiled me to a shopping mall called Park Place Mall or Park Mall to run a coffee stand in front of the movie theatre. Then, I was in America, for a spiritual journey, so, I was chasing different clues than the average Joes. ~~I think I am still doing it till today.~~ My energy was swinging high then, I was adrenaline junky, working 18 hours a day, six days a week, in the busiest coffee shop in the town. I use to tell my customers:: He was my twin brother who worked at nights. They believed me, lol!!
    Any way things changed when I started to go to that mall. I used to go to "trance" all the time those days. U.S. was the land of magic for me. Everything happened there. I heard "The music" one day about four or five hundred feet to the mall. I think it dimmed down and went quiet when I entered the mall because I have no memory of it inside the mall.
    It was not a usual music though, but it vibrated all my musical cords. I was in total state of ecstasy. It was pure disembodied orgasmic, euphoria. It was elating and ecstatic more than all the drugs, specially opioids, could ever be. ~~ I would imagine, never tried any~~ In that moment I knew right away, that the inner desire for drugs within us is our subconscious attempts at going back to that forgotten state of "bodily memory."
    In that state of consciousness, listening to "The music," seemed to me that I knew, I apperceived, everything. All the languages were known, understandable. I knew that I comprehended German when people around me spoke that language, so as Spanish, French, Russian, and so on..., everything. I realized there is a switch in our psyche that if clicked, the light would turn on, where the tongues, all the sudden, are not different anymore. The amazing thing is that WE do not discover this, WE just remember IT.
    This experience happened for awhile, anytime I approached the mall, leaving my car in the parking. My experience did not happen in the nature as Larry's second experience, and as one would rationally expect. Mine happened approaching a lousy shopping mall!! But it was as profound, to my knowledge.
    Since then I've had so many different experiences of "trance" but I haven't heard "The music" afterwards. Even though, I know that that experience has never left.
    I hope it happen to me again and to each and everyone of us who refuse to sell out our most precious and undermined asset of all:: SOUL.
    For that we must keep our spirits in mint condition, no matter what, in the tricky twilight labyrinths of these dead-end alleys.
    Take it from me, or not if you want, but remember from a true friend:: In every single act, we bargain our soul. There is no pure moments unless in meditation, or by being coarsely authentic, which is grossly hard and abnormal.

LOVE YOU ALL
    dd.

1 year ago

Ddavidd,
    As you may or not know, I grew up on the continuum of Autism and slowly gained a level of normality (or what passes for that state). Lately I have discovered a series of books by Temple Grandin dealing with the process of Thinking in Pictures. It immediately related to me because I have always thought in pictures and abstracts and then translated these to language.
    I believe that we have an innate ability to understand the essence of all language if we avoid focusing on the verbal constructs. Not sure how I can translate this non-linguistic process into a linguistic description.
    Your music, and the "pre-Babel" understanding of meaning despite language barriers makes perfect sense to me.

1 year ago

It is very interesting. Good subject for discussion. I really love to understand what the implication of the thinking with pictures could be. Because I remember once I read about visualizing the contexts of your thoughts, and imagining the picture of the subject in which we are thinking about. But thinking only by pictures is very difficult for me to grasp how it is possible. And even it doesn’t match my currant understandings, I really want to know and grasp. Is there any document that I can see or link that I could search?
    My initial explanation was magic. I have witnessed magic in my life specially in US. In the book of “Fire from Within” don John explains about a spot as big as an orange in the man’s aura, which is brighter than the rest in the eyes of seers. There, is where the awareness shapes. All the fibres of energy that pass through that ball turn to human awareness, the rest of the fibres remains unknown, and off, to the human awareness. We just comprehend very small portion of the universe. The rest are all dark to us. The position of that “assemblage point,” as he, don john calls it, (where the fibres that shape the awareness assemble) is fixed and almost rigid and immovable for everyone. The possession hardly moves in our wakeful life. People who are subject to those shift without guidance of the gurus and relentless training, go mad, and lose their equilibrium. Especially Schizophrenia is a mental disorder directly connected to those shifts which are as the result of either some traumas, or accidents or even biochemical imbalances, which the mind becomes disabled to process the new visions that dismiss or disconfirm the sense of norm.
    So, this is the realistic description of the MAGIC::
    “Magic” is the art of manipulating the position of the “assemblage point.” the discipline of moving it by will which it is almost impossible for the average Janes & Joes. Yet it is way easier than the preparation of the disciples for being able to handle seeing unimaginable, and the power that that movement of "assemblage point" generates, which some bad souls use it to control and gain power over others. They call it black magic, which Illuminati, Freemasons and…. use in the high levels in their pyramid organizations. Native Indians, Toltec Wisdom,.... and Shaolin Monastery are more or less on the positive, spiritual and transcendental side of this equation.
    So, there is a key in our psyche, a position of “assemblage point,” a state of that that all the languages appear as different echo, intonation and intermittency of the same concepts. In that stage a practitioner can observe this transition. And observe the language in its core. It is like having the master key that opens all the languages locks The observation is not visual though, it is spiritual.
    This is the best brief information I can give about the subject. These were secrets in centuries until the 60s and 70s that for some reason they all came out, and also they all came to united state.
    I have learned not to act like a fool anymore, so I do not let my convictions turn to dogmas and am always ready to hear others experiences and knowledges like yours Larry that are at least as good as mine.

1 year ago

Long ago I was caught up in Castaneda. Without going into the issue as to whether he described experiences or concocted romances, I still believe he had a fundamental impact on my growth. More recently I found Jorge Luis Borges whose approach to reality was different.
    If you can find "The Aleph," a short story by him, I recommend it. The Aleph is a point which contains all other points. To stare at it . . . .

The author of Thinking in Pictures is Temple Grandin. She has several books out.