if you had wishes?

• Hurtingsoul
    18 years ago

if you had three wishes what would they be? and why?

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I'd wish that everyone was shown the effects of their actions up to that point in their lives, on everyone else, and the world around them in a really hardcore way.

I'd wish for a light sabre and the power of the force.

I'd wish for some clothes that fit my unique proportions.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

Well, JPM, I suppose our world is beautiful...to a certain extent, but then why would there be so many things to "wish" away

such as rape
    murder
    war
    I could go on

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

See, this is where I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...and where I really hope you are.

Remember the forum Bob started about molesters and rapists...?

You didn't seem backing up the rapists in that forum.

• L0KA
    18 years ago

My first wish would help all the people in third world countries.

My second wish would provide an education for all children.

My last wish would be to make my little sister and everyone smile.

• L0KA
    18 years ago

JPM: Good points, but they are wishes. I was just stating something I wanted to see. You didn't have to bash them...

I actually was born in a third world country. I know how things are and I am doing something to help out third world countries. Slowly but surely. First, I am volunteering on missionary trips provided by my school where we are going to a lot of third world countries. Plus, everytime I go back to my hometown I always try to help out again. A group of friends and I help build houses for the people there. So that's at least I can do. I know it's a little bit but at least I'm trying to help out.

I strongly believe that the future kids should be educated. You are right, some may reject it but others might see the positive side to it. All I'm saying is that.

Yes, great point. Being happy all the time would only make life really boring. I wrote that I wanted to make everyone smile. If someone was to have a crappy day I would try to make them smile and then after that they could go on with there crappy day. At least I made them smile.

That's the only thing I wanted to clear up. You do have great points. I'm sorry you didn't like them, but those are my three wishes. Peaze.

• Chelsea
    18 years ago

I would probably would give up my wishes because everything I tried to think of had a major con instead of a pro

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

*note, I'm very out of it and haven't read all the other posts, so I'm just answering this one*

"But, with that said, there are people who commit those horrendous atrocities because we have a free will."

I actually have to admit I love that quote. And I would tremendously agree with you, but there is nothing that can tell me that rape is in any way, shape or form, a good thing.

I may not be seeing the big picture, but that's just how I am. I can't see it that way.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

edit-noted

and

bullshit.

I know that beautiful things can result from pain, believe me most of the poetry I enjoy reading are just those. And, I could see where people could say that the hated things make life all the more beautiful, but rape cannot be a factor.

Death-people can get over
    tragedies-people can get over
    abuse-sometimes, people can get over

rape: people, never, get over.

True it depends on the violence of the thing, but there is absolutely no fucking way rape is beautiful.

it steals a person's dignity, strength, grace, and leaves them feeling powerless with a sense of filth and worthlessness that is carried with them for the rest of their lives.
    Now I ask you, what the fuck is beautiful about that?

And...Nada...I must say I wanted to slap you when I read this:
    "No rape, how about not wearing tight stuff and putting yourself in a situation where you don't get raped."

True, some girls are stupid and do actually put themselves in that position, but that in no fucking way means they deserved it.
    Not to mention: what about the little 10 year olds picked up off the street?
    What about the sensibly dressed who are pulled into cars?
    What about the professional lawyers stalked and followed on a run?

don't say not dressing suggestively will fix that. That just pisses me off.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I do not think rape HAS to exist to enjoy free will.

I think that in the present state of human consciousness it is a necessarily evil, as are all evils, but I dont think that it would hurt us any if in the future those atrocities faded from human existance as we progressed.

However, I dont wish that rape did not exist either.

My three wishes are as such:

1. People do the best they can with the resources (mental, spiritual, physical) that they have at any one time.

2. People try their utmost to progress their consciousness and understanding of everything relative to our human condition.

3. People not act out of selfish thoughts, emotions, or beliefs, and functioned as if humanity was a WHOLE and not just out of their self induced interest, while working to make society a healthier place in all aspects.

Restricting free will is not something that makes anyone evolve. Everyone must come to terms with their own demons, but if people felt the need to TRY, the world would be a much better place.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

JPM: I'm not talking about recent human history, and I disagree that EVERYONE already does those things, if everyone did those things the aforementioned atrocities that occur in everyday life wouldnt happen.

Nada: That argument seriously made you look retarded. You need to learn when to NOT stant by an argument that has been disproved, there are exceptions to every rule.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I dont think rape is ever something you fully get over, but I do know that everything happens for a reason, and that in itself is what MAKES life beautiful.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

The things that you mentioned are not "trying" like my wishes would demonstrate.

Although, ultimately, I agree with you, that everything happens for a beautiful and divine reason, so whatever anyone does is meant to be, regardless of if they try or not.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

It's trying, but not as my wishes intend for people to try.

Semantics.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I love this logically baseless idea that because something happens, and "is", it was meant to be that way by some divine power or pre-destined fate. Like watching which way a pebble falls over a boulder and smiling when it knocks some dirt on the way to the ground that disturbs some ants, who in reaction find a morsel of food that keeps them alive.

Meant to be? I don't think so, it just is and thats it. It's like Han Solo said;

"there's no unifying mystical energy field controlling my destiny..it's all just hokey religions and superstition"

We humans have psychologically based biological patterns that enable us to fill in the blanks of almost every variable we encounter in life. If one were so inclined one could find patterns in anything...that doesn't mean there is a program there..or some force at work.

twits.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

"see, one way or another, it's the fucking girls fault, yes the guy is an asshole for doing that but the girl put herself in that situation. For fear of life, choosing the wrong car, etc...
    Pink (I hope you're not a victim) and all of the other victims, I know you see it everyday in your mind, remember how it began and you'll come to terms with what I’m saying.
    Pink slap me, sure, do that, but the truth is that it's our fault."

I cannot continue with any of my arguments, considering I COULD argue with JPM, because he has good points, but if I hear anything else from Nada I will honestly have a break down.

nada: I honestly don't think I can have any sort of argument with you after that. There are too many things wrong with that statement for me to even...begin.

Dear lord I have to leave this post before I have a mental breakdown.
    Nada i honestly think you know nothing of the subject, or you wouldn't have said something so incredibly, indescribably stupid.

• Casval
    18 years ago

Well, we're a bunch of happy-go-lucky people, aren't we?

*Ahem*

Well, my three wishes...

1. To have unlimited power...

2. ...To be transformed into Sephiroth...

3. ...And to be immortal.

If you haven't played the game Final Fantasy VII, you would have no Idea what I am talking about.

Why 1: So as to control hostile situations.

Why 2: So I can become the ultamite soldier, and to live the life I have always wanted to live; to fight every battle, and to win them all...And because Sephiroth is just such a badass...And, uh, quite attractive.

Why 3: So I could never lose.

I may seem like a very selfish ignorant person, but deal with it. We're all different, and we all have our dreams.

• Hurtingsoul
    18 years ago

first of all why you guys fighting just this was simple question

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

hurting soul: because Nada doesn't have the sense (or intellect for that matter) to stop arguing about something she hasn't experienced.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

Fine, you've experienced it, you still seem to write some pretty pathetic arguments relating to it.

I'm still pissed about the "it's the girl's fucking fault" comment. That's why I keep checking in and I find it excrutiatingly hard when you even commented to that one woman that she was "weak" because she had emotional scarring from rape.

Now I don't know if that's some sort of grievance, and if it is then I advise you stop posting, but if it isn't and that was your opinion to begin with, I suggest you rethink it.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Kevin: My comments are in no way religiously based.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

I'm not going to the next topic.

"I'm strong, and in the outside world, it's a jungle out their, if you're not strong and smart, you'll end up dead or at least trapped for ever."

no shit. We all know that. And surviving rape and still being effected by it, is not, in any way, weak. You are effected by rape no matter what. That's being human.

You said we weren't talking about you...hmmmm....
    nada, you're the one who started talking about yourself in the first place. Nobody cares. I wouldn't care if you were...as YOU say...strong and I don't care about what you've been going through or why you are saying these things. I didn't ask, so shut up about your life because it's not part of any what we're talking about besides you attempting to redeem yourself or justify your lashings (which didn't work...and yes you look like a retard.)

"that what doesn't kill, strengthens"
    that quote cannot be applied to all things.

and why the F would you change the topic to "being a leader or follower"? do you remember the original discussion?
    "three wishes"

go make your own forum. And yes I hope you leave because you're just pissing everyone off.

caterpillar

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

...as I recall you made that reply before...and it's still just as retarded.

Too bad you're leaving, considering I would love to hear you're explanation as to why I am a "weakling"
    but I guess we'll never know...(voice fades into mysterious echo)

F off.

So anyway, I suppose people can get back to wishes now
    HA

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

"don't try to insult cos you ain't good at it."

Ohhhhh, but you should observe a few other forums...I think you would change your mind.

And I was crowned queen bitch months ago, and have yet to relieve my title.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

HE'S A MALE MODEL?!

excuse me while I role out of my chair, and my ass seperates itself from my convulsing body, considering I am indeed laughing my ass off.

Now that that's over...say you're nineteen and a model hm? why are you depriving the world of teenage girls from a profile photo

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

come oooooooooooooooooooooooooon, don't tell me you guys are done...

ismail: JPM called you a bitch, are you gonna take that??

go-go-go

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

That's because I am queen bitch

And now that you two are finished and all other posts are dead...all sources of entertainment on this site are gone.

Yea...I was thinking about that. but I would still love to observe any nice white ones he might be able to find for me

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I dont know of a girl on this forum bitchy enough to gain the title of "queen," quite frankly, all the girls and their little mood swings arent bitchy, just over rated and high strung.

• Corrie
    18 years ago

1- to see peoples farts!{cuz my little 5 year old brother made it up, and it sounds hecka funny!}
    2- I wish my parents could have a HUGE wedding {they eloped, and have never had even a reception, and 25 years later their still madly in love, and i think thats sumthin to celebrate!}
    3- I wish somebody would pay for my college tuition {cuz its 20,000 a year for the college i wanna go to, and me or my parents cant afford that} *HUGZ*~Corrie

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

id wish that JPM could make at least 5 really nice posts in a row, for once in his entire life, and actually mean them.
    ~Freak~

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

OOOH, snap.

No, no, not really.

I have never claimed to be a queen, although I have been accused of bitchy.

I dont think I'm over rated either, I think I can pretty much back myself up on all levels.

I dont tend to be high strung, moody, perhaps. I am a female, after all.

So you can draw your own conclusion.

• Hurtingsoul
    18 years ago

first of all this goes to queen bitch
    dont worry
    a bitch is a dog
    a dog barks
    bark is on trees
    trees is in nature
    nature is beautiful
    i only asked wishes wich implies a little bit of fantasy it dosent have to make reason a tall

• Waterlover4890
    18 years ago

my wish would to be to make it to the Olympics for swimming in 2008....well actually that is a goal at the moment. I am trianing quite a bit.....but yeah that would be one of them. The other one would go to my family. I don't want my parents to worry about money. So my wish and a wish for my family.