Have you ever cried?

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

i read other peoples poems and cried? oh and when i read poems that i wrote when i was younger and always happy it makes me cry to c how my source of poetry has changed.....its not happy anymore......so answer is yes

• Tammy
    18 years ago

yes Bob. I have 2 poems that always make me cry..one is about my step father who was murdered in his sleep in prison and the other is about my grandmother. I love them so deeply and I guess I miss them when I read the poems.

• N J Thornton
    18 years ago

Yes, I too have done this. When I read over my older poems that probably aren't on this site they make me shed a tear or two. The poems aren't particually sad or upsetting, they're just about life etc in general, infact they are quite positive. I'm still not sure why they make me cry but they do.

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

Yeppz, there was one, where her friend died from cutting. And my best mate was cutting, and it just made me realize, i have got to stop her NOW! and i did!! And another one.. i think its called "i went to a party mom". That one makes me cry all the time, no matter how many times i read it :(
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I cry a lot when writing my poems. Anytime I write about something sad, be sure that my tears were on the paper I wrote it down on before anyone else ever saw it. And whenever I re-read my sadder poetry, I always get a bit melancholy and misty-eyed. It never fails.

• Mel
    18 years ago

Bob:

Can you share the poem with us?

• Lipton
    18 years ago

I cried... I bawled all week last week. Two girls in my school died in a car wreck... It's so sad... *sniff*

~Ciao Lipton

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

OMG...are you trying to depress me here?

Beautiful poems Bob...

• Ann Stareyes
    18 years ago

Bob,
    I can read others poems and cry, read some of my own I cry. I'm so tender hearted, I cry watching anything sad on T.V. My husband picks on me about this and calls me a big cry baby, but that's O.K. at least I know I have a loving and caring heart.

• Mel
    18 years ago

Bob,

Read the poems and left a comment. Thanks.

Crying! Mmmmmmm maybe when I listen to certain songs from my childhood and they take me back to a place that I don't want to go.

JPM,

Your becoming the funniest guy I know but don't know!

• Haleigh
    18 years ago

ur poems are great... and its ok to cry lol

• Seductive
    18 years ago

i agree wit u bob, yup ive been down that road b4, n they were actually tears for plenty of reason, recovery, happiness, sadness, or it was just something i wrote that was touching.

• JaeC
    18 years ago

I've only cried a few times openly but I cry almost every night until I fall asleep

• Mel
    18 years ago

JPM:

Have just shed tears!

• Mel
    18 years ago

Kemrin:

'humour is the spice of life' ahem. Er...,

JPM: That was an astute reply re the fat chick comment!

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    18 years ago

Well, what can you say, JPM is just trapped in the first half of the last century...somewhere in the South. I don't think he's trying to win any debates. He's just a SA. very suave, very not pathetic.

I cry. Often. I've been called 'emo' on many occasions. Poems I've written on this site, rarely. Once anything is put on display, it loses it's personal appeal. it becomes a commodity. It's no longer my poem.

But if a poem really touches me and took a lot of crying while writing, and rereading still brings tears to my eyes, I will be hesitant to publish it anywhere. and as soon as I do, I often wonder why I waited so long.

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

Sometimes I read poems I write and just feel like crying. I don't really cry when I read poems. If they're sad then I just feel sad about it. When a guy wrote me a poem and I read it, I felt so much like crying right then, it was so sweet.

~Krissy

• squirttt
    18 years ago

yeah, i've been there before. all the time, to be more exact. for me, crying is a method of getting eveything off my chest. that's why i need my alone time!! a good cry every now and then really helps me. i know i'm weird! arg. but other than that, writing does the job too.

• paulina.♥
    18 years ago

Yes, I cry. A lot. I don't cry after reading one of my poems. I don't know why, but sometimes, I read someone else's poem and I feel tears in my eyes. I usually cry when I see pictures of myself when I was two-years-old and smiling.. It reminds me of how much I've changed..

• noraida
    18 years ago

Yes I cry,For my childhood a past that i can't forget
    memories of an unhappy home,Things of life many poems remind me of what was and what i don't want to be. Of Hope,Life,and forgiveness.

• 6 A M
    18 years ago

I don't cry, because crying shows weakness. Sure there are times I'm sad, but I don't want to seem weak. The only times I cry is when I go outside and my van is even crappier than the day before

• Brandi Lea
    18 years ago

Yes I have criend when I read a poem. I cried becasue it was just like what I was going through and I understood every word of it.Sometimes I cry for no reason. I'm not a baby or anything, just lately I have been depressed and it used to be for no reason, it just kinda happened. Now I have a reason and it hurts more than ever. Poetry helps me and sometimes I cry, not physically but inside I get so emotional. I dont think of crying as a weekness but as a way of showing that you care deeply for someone or something.

• Brandi Lea
    18 years ago

Yes I have criend when I read a poem. I cried becasue it was just like what I was going through and I understood every word of it.Sometimes I cry for no reason. I'm not a baby or anything, just lately I have been depressed and it used to be for no reason, it just kinda happened. Now I have a reason and it hurts more than ever. Poetry helps me and sometimes I cry, not physically but inside I get so emotional. I dont think of crying as a weekness but as a way of showing that you care deeply for someone or something.

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

just after cryng after reading bobs 2 poems...wow they are amazing :D

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    18 years ago

JPM if you critique yourself worse than anyone else then I feel damn sorry for you! x