Does Anyone Actually...

• Liz Suffecool
    18 years ago

well i read some poetry but not a whole lot its just I prefer writing and reading about actual events and not about the leafs turning brown I mean there good but boring

• Eibutsina
    18 years ago

I'm inspired from many sources, JPM has introduced me to many poets outside of this site (Slyvia Plath being a personal fave) that I have researched and discovered a source of inspiration from.
    I love modern day poety, Tupac Shakur being a fave of mine right now. I also am going through an Arabic poetry phase the language is amazing, the translations not so good but in Arabic they are true masterpieces.
    I guess for me its all part of the learning and growing phase both as a person and a writer :o)

• EoB
    18 years ago

Well, Bob, you are among the true ones...and Chris too, and even JPM;)...

This site isfilled to the edge with "I love you, it feels so true, don't leave me, then sad I'll be" crap-poems..

Seriously...

It relly pisses me off...

And I am sick and tired of pointless disputes...

The amount stupid people on P&Q is...well...quite unique:P

Guess I'm one of them too...

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

my english teacher got me intrested in poetry(reading it outside this site)
    i enjoy his(my eng teach) stuff he wrote a book and i read that... and also we learn it in school....

• EoB
    18 years ago

Same story as me, Mike...

I started writing a year ago, so my poetry isn't really great yet...

And I really like trying out new styles...but I'm not too good at it

• EoB
    18 years ago

Oh, I love I am Nobody...

It is so great..

Personally, my all time favorite poem is definetly (how do you spell that?) The Lady of Shalott...Such depth and imagery...It is nothing less than brilliant...

What do you guys think of it?

If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend that you listen to Loreena Mckennit`s song based totally upon the poem, while you read it slowly.....That song is so beautiful...

• EoB
    18 years ago

I'll read it NOW:P

• Sean
    18 years ago

I'm young; and thus don't have to much acess to poetry (due to my own money)

I'm into more modern poets, social commentary poets (Such as Carol Ann Duffy, Simon armitage)...sadly my only poetry acess is via school and school rescources (Which is now gone)

When i begin college i'm going to begin a collection of poetry works i believe.

• Sean
    18 years ago

I use the net all the time.

Just would be nice to own my own books.

• Lyla
    18 years ago

I love edgar allen Poe. If you like dark poems then you should read some of his....there so good but they mjight be a little hard to understand

• Sean
    18 years ago

I love all poetry, i just like ones which i can relate too directly in someway.

Thats why i like S.A so much, and i can see me turning into you one day, being known by the book people :p

• Sarah Ann
    18 years ago

Learning famous poetry in school was one of the few reasons I started writing. I love reading other poets..

• Sean
    18 years ago

Justin, you're a teenager.

Enough said really.

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

Sean so are you.

• Sean
    18 years ago

Kim, i was reffering to the whole 'stage' thing - being a Teenager automaticly leads to depression due to changing hormones etc, i think the actual fraction of british teenagers who would be classed as 'severely depressed' is one in every 10, 25% of all teens suffer from mild-medium symptons of depression.

So yes, i am a teenager - but it just helps explain a few things.