What do most teenagers write for?

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Ok - I want everyone's honest opinion and why that is their opinion....

Do you think most teenagers write for:

A.) Attention or For the hell of it.
    B.) Most of the time they don't write well so what does it matter.
    C.) To let out feelings
    D.) Other (Please Share)

Your honest opinion please

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

I'm a teenager, and if it helps i'll tell you why i write.

I first began writing as a outlet of depression and general mood swings which are all expected of a teenager, then i made a tragic mistake which lead to a cousins suicide.

I write to let out my feelings, and to express them so i can see how i feel and show people who matter to me how i feel (Like my girlfriend)

Alot, do it for attention to some degree and so do i from people i care for.

• Lecrissa
    18 years ago

I started writing at 14 because the guy I was dating was into poetry. I keeped with it because it made me feel better. My poems are my diery in a way. Hope that helped.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Thanks, yeah it did!

-Lyd

• EoB
    18 years ago

I write because I want to...

• BrokenMisery
    18 years ago

well, i used to write as an outlet when i first stumbled upon this site from google and decided to read some- then join, then started writing. I wrote depressing poetry as an outlet but enjoyed progress and the work of a writer, feeling good after i finished a piece because i put my all into it.

I find it an outlet, but i enjoy plainly doing it because i like playing around with the english language and i like music, so my poems turned to lyrics...

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Wow - Thanks to everyone who posted something in here and gave me their honest opinion!

It's helped heaps!

-Lyd

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

I write for me. No one else, just because I like writing.

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

I began writing when I found out this guy loved me and I loved him back. I began writing to tell how I really felt about him. Most of my beginning poems were about him. Then as I got better at writing and went into different topics like depression. Now I write to put out my feelings and because I really love to write. Poetry helps me put out my feelings since I can't talk comfortably to a ton of people. But I'm not sure why most teenagers write. I think most write for an outlet, but that's just my opinion.

~Krissy

• abcede
    18 years ago

i began writing when i had to in school! lol, but this one guy played me really bad once and it was an aweful situation and i grabbed a piece of paper and wrote this ridiculously long poem and i liked it.. it helped get things out.. like.. i wasn't carrying around that hate and the weight of depression.. like.. those poems were the weight and it wasn't on me.. if that makes sense !! now i write, because i want to improve as a writer and i write on any subject because its good to expand on how and what you write on and stuff!! hope that helps!! may just sound like rambling to you! lol

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

i would choose A and C.

A. because SOME NOT ALL teens tend to lie using creative words just to get sympathy.

C. me and my friends write to let our feelings have a "breather", instead of resorting to anything else.....

This was a nice topic, i think......where'd you get the idea from? Just curious. ^__^

Peace!

• Lydie
    18 years ago

The idea came from... Well i was reading what people were saying in other posts and stuff and then i noticed that people started contridicting themselves, and then i really did get curious on why people wrote/write.

Thanks heaps to anyone who posted something in this!

-Lyd

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Very true!

-Lyd

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Is there anyone else???

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Totally agree, it's like when you write you sort of drift away from where you are... If that doesn't sound to cheesy or something..

Why do they make fun of you???

-Lyd

P.S Is there anyone else???

• Dominique
    18 years ago

to let out my feelings...why the hell would i write them

• Lydie
    18 years ago

O.K

Thankyou to anyone who posted in here, means a great deal!

If there is anyone else please share!

-Lyd

• Nee
    18 years ago

I myself write from my experience..sometimes its just a way tp express feelings
    thats all
    Nema
    XoXoX

• Lydie
    18 years ago

I began writing when i was sad and one of my friends noticed and he told me to write - I did and I felt heaps better: So then it was to let out feelings.

Now I write because of that and also because I love writing!

-Lyd

• Gianna
    18 years ago

I started to write poems as my like was going downhill... even tho it still is...Bur I love to write poems about what I'm feeling... It's a way to express myself.... to the world..hope that helped

• Renee
    18 years ago

I guess you can say I write to get attention.

It's better then cutting for attention, right?

I write because I like having something to feel proud about. It gives me something to say "hey, I'm not worthless. I can write a pretty damn good poem."

It also helps when I'm breaking down in my room. When I'm doing that, I occupy my mind with something, usually writing, instead of dwelling on what is bothering me. It helps me from resorting to other things.