Intelligent Convo: Gay Marriages

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

everything else on here (in my opinion) today has no intelligent chat. So I'm throwing this one out, and hoping to get some intelligent opinions.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

BTW... i believe you should be true to your self, and if it is someone of another persuasion...go for it. You only have one life and it's YOUR'S.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

I for one think that all marriages should be gay, why get married if you're not happy.....lmao

i agree. i think that you should be allowed to be true to yourself, and not necessarily in a .hahaha.. fashion. (bob)

• Renee
    18 years ago

JPM, marraige is much more than a peice of paper. It's a promise. And it also legally bonds people to each other's possessions. You see, people stupidly fall in love, thinking it will last forever, when in all actuallity it's most likely it will fall apart. So when you do fall stupidly in love, you give them all your worldly possessions. So in order to keep those possessions in check, you have to make a legal bond to them, that way they can't make with what you gave to them. Am I making sense? because I don't think I am.

I'm all for Gay marraiges.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

i dont neccessarily think you need a piece of paper to commit to one another. i just dont think that the government should be allowed to determine whether you can or cant, based on your sexuality.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I love that fact that we can look back at the social issues of say, 20 years ago...and pat ourselves on the back and in all fairness, laugh at how retarded our social rules were....

Which rationally means that in 10 years times, pot will be legal, and the whole gay anything will be old news...and laughable as a subject to remember except in pub banters.

• Eibutsina
    18 years ago

LoL JPM how typical - yet right in a sense. I hate that about you :o)

Hmmm as long as it ain't my man I couldn't give a rats hey - go for it it's not hurting me or my family

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

I agree with you to an extent JPM and Bob, most of marriage lies within the two people and how strongly dedicated they are to each other, but Renee is not wrong. That little piece of paper that legally marries two people is a huge thing. That makes you able for exemptions on taxes, it binds each other's possession's to both people (as Renee alread pointed out), and it makes you responsible for the funeral, it plays a huge part in inheritance, social security and so forth. So in a sense it doesn't matter to whether the people love each other, but to the legal system it is huge.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

you can, but not all people do. If they have no will then it would go to the wife because of that marriage certificate or whatever they call it.

• Lyla
    18 years ago

there is nothing wrong with gay marriages. If you dont like it dont get involved in one but dont put other people down for it.

• ¤|Æ’lοяεηζîά|¤
    18 years ago

Im planning to fight for gay rights...maybe.... but i dont believe in marriage...marriage is a commitment, and if theres divorce, whats the point of marraige?? if the promise cud be broken, why make the promise?? im not gonna married

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Cory is right, marriage is about the law and money. It shouldn't be of course..but it is, like most other things that once were something approaching a pure idea free from commercial tassles., marriage, a potentially libertating and empowering situation for two humans to be in has been reduced to an enforced expense at every turn.

It's about governmental control of anything that might pose a threat to it's grip over our lives.

Go pagan as they say...get married naked...it rocks.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

JPM, I am not being materialistic. If people don't recall, one of the biggest issues over legalizing a gay marriage was to have the same "materialistic" benefits of a husband and wife. In one state over the biggest issue was that gay couples living together wanted marriage rights so they could get the same tax exemptions as a husband and wife. The whole idea of being legally married is for materialistic responsibilty.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

It's about governmental control of anything that might pose a threat to it's grip over our lives.

could it be better said??? the government rules who should have the rights and who shouldnt. the government has no right in our sex life. he's not sleeping in our bed, therfore, he has no right to determine who we sleep with and if it's ok...male or female..

• Alicia Biter
    18 years ago

i don't get why everyone is so uptight about gay marriages. it's they're live let them alone, as long as it doesn't affect you why should you care?

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

amen.

• Misty Julian
    18 years ago

Personally I agree with you in away but you know we all have our own opinions about gay marriages.

• Misty Julian
    18 years ago

I totally agree with you.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Achte people...just chill, like i said before, our generation, thanks to many sociological factors, generally don't have a problem with gayness. The only reason we are discussing this old hate topic is because our predecessors did, and unfortunately some of their fear made it into the laws of the land.

Fear not...it will all be a distant memory in 10 years, as will the marajuana debate....develope a historical sense of social issues and you can see patterns.

Of course it helps to be an immortal watcher as well.

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

does anyone know why so much stuff is legal in Holland? Like Euthanasia, marijuana, Gay Marriage, Underage Drinking, all that stuff that is like illegal in most places? Is it like Anarchist or something?

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

really? wow the UN get up to a lot of stuff then.....i didnt even know what it was untill i watched The Interpretor at the movies, but i know not to base my facts on what i see on the TV screen. Do you think these things should be legalized elsewhere? i cant really say myself, because i have never been in suroundings where these things ARE legal.

• Ariana
    18 years ago

Wow most people here are for Gay marriage but every other forum I've been on there's always someone against it.

I'm for it if it doesn't hurt or affect you then you shouldn't care! I can't stand people who impose their views on others. Like Destiny.

• Avrii Monrielle
    18 years ago

its okay to have them. we all can live with it. the first step is to understand they want to live happily.

i mean,how would you like it if you only had gay marriages,no straight 1s and it was a law? thats how it feels to those who want gay marriages legalised. so please,dont offend them. put yourself in their place. would you like it? before you do anything,just try to understand.

its like if you found your true love,and a stupid law ripped you apart from ever loving them,wouldnt you cry? just put yourself in their place. understand.

i try to ignore my dad and brother,but its just like they WANT to MURDER all gays. its sad. they are just so...prejudiced. :(

• Ariana
    18 years ago

^^ Yeah some of my family are soo..anti-gay I can't stand it. It's not like you can help who you fall for, right? It's sad how some people who are so educated in other respects reduce themselves to nothing with their homephobic ideas.