why do we like writing poetry?

• Chelsey
    18 years ago

I have to agree with nada on that first part...110%..I couldn't have said it better

ALthough I am a great talker..yet she is so write...it is a theraputic way out for me too....I just like to I guess...I don't know what answer there is to say besides it releases emotion and gives you other peoples point of veiws

• Mezmeryz
    18 years ago

i like to ryt my feelings in poems format..lol i like writin poems...its fun...jus like dat..lol

• Truest Lies
    18 years ago

There's something magical about writing.
    Once I discover what it is, I'll share.

-beth

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

Everyone writes for a different reason. To find out what that reason is, read their poetry.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Girls think it is hot.

Oh and all that self expression crap..yeah whatever.

girls man...it's all about dem ladies.

Little poet warrior that i am.

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

Kevin.....you are so right....nothing says kick that jerk to the curb like a love poem....and it's cheaper than booze.

• Purple
    18 years ago

I write because it helps me understand myself. The words that come to my mind are destinand to have a meaning, if I mean for them too or not. It's also one of my ownly pure outlets, I don't lie... Unless I plan on letting some one else read it, but then it's simply omison. I feel I can be happy, sad, mad, anything when I write without really feeling guilty, judged, or bad about it.

• Letty
    18 years ago

It helps me express myself in a numerous amount of ways . It also helps me relieve stress, so that I can keep myself sane.(lol) But the main reason is I feel like I was born to write and I've been writting so long that it's a must have in my life ..

• LadyPearl
    18 years ago

I like it because it gets out my emotions and can touch other souls like me

• jess
    18 years ago

i feel like a idiot if i just talk about stuff so i find poetry is a very good way of self expression.
    it really helps me when im down.

• Gesselle Valle
    18 years ago

Well, I write poetry because it's the only way I can truly express myself...when I write...I'm not afraid to be me. I let it all out and just share my feelings with people.

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

I agree with Gesselle....I lay it on the line when I write, with no reservations....unlike life, where I am not willing to open myself up to strangers...my poetry is different.

• lee
    18 years ago

to express emotion and idk, just to see MY feelings on a page when i'm done gives me a happy I guess

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

I feel to free to express myself when I write, I become more expressive with my thoughts and feelings when I transcribe them to paper.

I think we are all more vocal when we write.