tattoos and babies?

• bianca
    18 years ago

if you get a tattoo and your pregnate. can it hurt the baby?

• bianca
    18 years ago

thanks sunny, its about the same girl.

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    18 years ago

Actually Sunny Is Correct, The Ink Can Reach The Baby Through Your Skin, I Think The Very Best Thing For You To Do Is Just Wait Untill After You've Had Your Baby xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

You risk catching diseases...should the artists tools not be clean...not a very good idea.

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

Well, I now know that I will never show Bob my tatoo's. LOL.

In all honesty it is very unsafe to get a tatoo while expecting. This risk are not worth it period.

Not only do you have to worry about infection and diseases that can kill the mother and baby, but then there are other factors to consider.

The mother's immune system is already low due to expecting and the ink can travel through the mother's system creating a poison to the fetus.

In a perfect situation the risk are low, but even at a minimal risk it is not worth it. The mother has a choice on whether or not to take such risk with her body, but the baby does not. Protect the child before pleasing the flesh.

***Though rare the mother can have preg. anemia and a little cut or tatoo can cause her to loose enough blood to kill either/both her and baby.

--Sher

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i would say don't do it. everyone above me has explained it perfectly for the reasons not to do it. but after the baby if the tattoo is still wanted, even after knowing the risk, make sure you ask people for referances, DON'T blindly walk into a tattoo place and just get one. do some research.

~Jacklyn

• Void
    18 years ago

Not only are there all of those risks above, but well, getting a tattoo while she's pregnant is pretty much worthless; while having the baby develop inside of you, Everything, and I mean Everything changes. They explained how the immune system gets weaker, but not only the inside changes. Everything she owns is going to swell up a bit, from stress of the muscles or whatever reason. Thus, if she gets on now, all that's going to happen is her skin is going to stretch out, the tattoo is going to stretch out - and when the baby is born, she'll be left with a big ink blot of poo on her skin... Pretty much anyway.

• bianca
    18 years ago

thanks you guys. (BTW this isn't about me!)
    lol
    ~PK