Don`t even Think...

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Message from Timothy: But what about my 7 other favorites..hmmm....I guess I am them too..Am I you Hayley?, Ann Marie?..I don`t think so. And to accuse me of being Beth Lewis? I'm sure she will contact you about that..legally speaking.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Thats strange to happen.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I, personally, do not think Tim is guilty. And we should refrain from pronouncing him as such until Janis provides us with GOOD evidence. I have done a lot of research today on IP Addresses... and that alone is not enough to "convict" him.

Guily or innocent, I believe Janis should not have named any names until he was 100% sure, and even then, a quiet dismissal of the person is adequate.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

thats true ann.. you can't confirm it with Ip addresses alone. What kind of connection does tim use? Dial up, DSL or Broadband\cable? PLease don't mind, for me asking this. It's not that i am suspecting Tim. I just wanted to help with my limited knowledge.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Tim uses cable. And he told me that Beth (Janis said that her IP Address is the same as Tim's) uses the same cable company (she is in Washington DC...he is in Maryland) and she has used his computer before (they are friends)

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

what new information? that the IP address are the same? That is not enough.

I'm not telling you what to think... I'm just saying we need to be careful about pointing fingers without conclusive evidence.... especially since Janis is going to be gone again... and can't answer anyones posts right away.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

HEy Lousia..slow down. Don't blame without confirming! If he is innocent then later you will feel bad. Because technically, there is not enough clues.

I don't blame janis for suspending Tim's account for the time being. Thats a right decision. Till the problem is sorted out.. Janis has no much options.

JAnis had some valid proofs. But not enough. But he had to take an action.

If Tim is using cable... then its hard to balme him.. Any one can enter into his computer without his knowledge (if he doesn't have a firewall or higher security).

As it is broad band, It should be a dymaic ip address and probably he is holding the same IP from long time. Usually, in broad bands, you loose an IP adress if you have not connected to internet for continuous 24 hrs. (Still there is a possibility you get the same IP adress the next time also.) I guess tim remains online a lot..so his IP address must have remaind the same for long time.

Meaning, it can be Tim.

IT is easy to find one's IP address. Any one can set their IP adress manually to what ever they wish(Of course there are limitations).

So ther eis a possibility, that it is intentionally done. And there is a greater possibility for many to have the same IP as well. Especially in a broadband. But in a same connection, i don't think 2 people can have the same IP adress at the same time! So if the timimngs were also considered ..may be you can rule out something

But it is possible for different network to have the same IP address.

So my point is... no. It is not enough clue to balme Tim. Tim can be innocent

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

That IP resolves to: pcp398887pcs.parkvl01.md.comcast.net

From what I know about comcast, they offer dynamic IPs. It could be anyone who is using comcast, not just Tim.

• julie
    19 years ago

hey im not sure if this applies for timothy, but well i somtimes use a public computer (the one i am using now is public) and so it is higly likely that other people could post those comments, and someone might mistake it for being you. Could that of happened with timothy?

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

As far as I know, Tim does not use a public computer ever... But as someone said in this post or the one about IP addresses, since his cable company is his ISP, many different people can have the same IP Address.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

Well, I suppose Tim can just PM Janis some, and offer some explainations. He has every opportunity to defend himself, and I personally I don't actually think it is him. I don't know Tim beyond the scope of this site, but for some reason I find it hard to believe. In any case, if it is him, then the troublemakers are dealth with. If not, then he'll be welcomed back.

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

I know everyone doubt's that it was Tim, but I doubt Janis is just going on the IP address thing, and that fact alone. There were many other things said by Timothy if you read all the posts during that time. Open your eyes to it and you will see the same thing Janis must have seen. Other people used that IP address but none of them (besides Bert, who may in fact BE tim) claimed to know the person doing it. There are a lot of things that could easily point to Tim, and while some of them could point to other people as well, they aren't stacking up against those other people. I don't want to fight about it, it's just that Janis must have had some good reason to believe it was Tim, so we should try to open our minds to that before closing out that is is impossible that it was him. Well, that's my 2 cents...

• David
    19 years ago

Is it safe to come out now?
    *hides*
    I wish I had the option on whether people can post comments on my poems or not.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

how can you accuse tim of this? He has done nothing but to help make this site better and brought in many new poets! This is an outrage!

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

what has been presented to us is that a few people show the same IP address... and I really think it was irresponsible of Janis to name a name and then leave us all again. I'm not saying it's out of the question... I'm just saying that I will not jump on the bandwagon until I'm given more conclusive evidence.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

i am 100% sure that tim is not the culprit, i know for a fact no matter what anyone says! ever

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

I can be sure and even know tim did use one of the 5 names that is all he is guilty of!

• Michelle
    19 years ago

Not saying Tim is guilty of ANYTHING other than using aliases, which we ARE allowed to do..so just my two cents..but it's more than one Hayley...I know for a fact that he's Mandy, and Heywood Jablowme by his own admission, and suspected right away when we began to chat on y ahoo months ago that he was Bert..it was more than obvious to me but he never admitted that one to me. AGAIN..NOT saying Tim is guilty, I wouldn't think he would do something like this either.. but how well do we really know people on here? I know we think we do, but not always. Personally, I still think it's a hacker. My two cents.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

The only one Tim is, would be Bert. He is not mandy or Haywood wotever!
    He used Bert sometimes so that he could post poems and get a fair vote instead of votes because he was your friend or foe. I have done the same in the past also hoping to get a fair opinion so i am guilty too?

• Michelle
    19 years ago

actually Haley, YES, he IS. He admitted it to me HIMSELF months ago...not trying to get into an arguement with you but it came straight from his own mouth..or keyboard..funny that the other one I was suspicious of is the one he admitted to YOU! ...also, I NEVER said he was guilty, in fact totally the opposite, if you read above again..I said he was only 'guilty' of using aliases, which a lot of us have done. I do, however, know that he IS those two other people..straight from him.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

I asked Tim and he told me that he didnt use those names!

• Michelle
    19 years ago

actually Mystic, yes he is...and sorry if you don't believe it, but he DID tell me that himself..we used to be good friends months ago and chatted on yahoo every day, and had telephone conversations many times. If you choose not to believe me, then that is your decision, it won't affect my life either way. Just was giving my input..I found it funny that he told Hayley he was Bert, yet that was the only one he refused to admit to me! This was 4/5 months ago, so I'm not sure if I still have any of it..I used to archive all my yahoo, but I'll take a look. As far as mind your own business goes, as many others have said, are you not aware that this is an open forum?? I am entitled to my opinion just as you are...however, this is NOT an opinion. Mandy, at the time that Tim and I talked, had only written one poem, and Heywood he had only used to leave comments to my knowledge, had not written poems under that name. That came straight from his admission. Believe what you want, and I will continue to know what I know. I have no reason to lie...however, that is one of the reasons Tim and I had conflict...because I accused him of lying to me about some things after many things didn't add up to me. We eventually resolved it and although it was never the same after that I still believe that I was correct about at least some of it.

• Kristina K
    19 years ago

Well, thanks for posting that message, Jennifer. But you see, Tim is a good friend of mine. And as much as I would like to believe that he is not to blame, I simply can not do that. I will remain neutral. I know I have been blamed too. So I can't really say much.

• craig
    19 years ago

Personally speaking I dont think Janis should have named and blamed without more convincing evidence other than the same i.p address. He may or may not had other reasons, he did mention something about bad comments with those 5 names, but it does seem to me a bit unfair that Tim is taking the flack for something he may not have done, after all whether he uses those 5 alias` is nothing more than a side issue to who is actually deleting the poems.
    I remember Beth Lewis comenting on one of my poems and writing an unflattering poem about me among other people, so if she is listening ive just this to say to her...I did get what I wished for dear, and she is far far better than I expected!
    I really hope this matter is resolved quickly and people can remember that the real issue is not whether Tim is using alias` but who the as*hole is deleting peoples work.

• craig
    19 years ago

well Tim, at the time Craig and I are sittting here in bewilderment shaking our heads at that because the man had simply left about 3 or 4 comments on my poems at that time, not a basis for falling in love hardly!! At that time anyway...and no, I didn't stop being a friend, I opened my eyes to some things...we aren't losing sleep over it either (well because of that anyway! ;) and are also not saying you are to blame for any of the things that happened on the site either...at ALL...just that I knew you were some of these IDs....I don't think that's any reason to convict anyone, personally. As far as I know, Janis never said Heywood was a registered user as Heywood, just that he traced those comments back to your computer. I thought it was funny at the time, still do. Anyway.....sorry, obviously this is Michelle..forgot to resign in...

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I realize its so difficult to come back, when you have been accused like this. BUt Tim, there are many people who love your poetry and who believe in you. There may be a few who didn't believe in you, But i guess the first group was more. Most of them tried to prove that it can't be you who was doing it all. So for their sake you should come back. YOu are matured enough. You can always ignore those whom you want to. When there are many to cheer you why only listen to the bad? Janis made a mistake, I believe. But forgiving is the greatest thing a person can do. It's not easy. But the person will be more hounered in doing so. So i please request.. once janis comes back.. please stay here. Don't wait for another life to meet us!

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

BUt yes! it is upto you. we can just ask. You went through all this. We can just try to feel what it was like. But you really felt it. So i am not forcing.. just asking..

• craig
    19 years ago

Trincy, I really enjoy your poems and have also enjoyed Tims as well...so please let's not forget that he is not being accused, at least by me of doing ANYTHING other than having aliases..I do as well..lot's of people do..that's all my comments were saying...Michelle again

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Michelle, i didn't blame you. You guys are friends. I hardly know Tim. I just made a general statement for tim's first reply. By the time i typed and posted.. your posts came in between (i am cooking here.. so was a bit slow... )

• Michelle
    19 years ago

well, we used to be friends...and I have no animosity toward him, but I assume he does me..such is life I suppose..but anyway, I reread that and the tone of my post to you reads alot different than I meant it..didn't mean to come off sounding harsh...meant to come off like... :) later! :) Michelle

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Janis thank you for trying so hard to get everything worked out with the site.. I'm behind you 110%! =)

~Grace