Making you post poems in "Slang" catagory

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

OKay, if you have quotation marks (") in your poem it counts them as spelling errors but automatically makes you put the poem in the slang section. Is there a way Janis can fix this??

If not, what I do is put astrix' (*) in place of the quotation marks. Just bringing that to attention! lol

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I hope he can fix that because that becomes very annoying..I often wondered why that was happening..Thanx for posting about it .

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

you can always move it after you post it the first time...that's less work than fixing the " or worse yet when it puts a / in front of every " or '

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

You're welcome, Jen... It only took a couple times of me having to fix the " and the /" before I realized if I originally submitted it under slang, it would accept it... then I'd go back in through edit to post it in the proper category

• Michelle
    19 years ago

Yeah, I do that alot too Ann! :)

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

I would imagine it's for technical reasons.

Certain characters cannot be submitted to a DB using an SQL string (the way a website will talk to the DB server). Often times those characters are replaced by something else going in, then replaced back to their original form coming out. Something may be mixed up along the way.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Does this automatic slang category take effect for poems with the " and the /" regardless of whether you have used the on-site spell check?