What do you get out of writing???

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I get a sense of accomplishment, and I do get a release from my emotions... whether I'm happy, sad, angry, or whatever... I find it really helps me to put it all into perspective. Like putting it all down on paper makes me more able to control whatever it is that is going on in my life at the time.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

i feel like i'm someone... a poet, actually. yeah, satisfaction (just like Peter) I feel that too! and i get to record a piece of my life-like my diary.

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

kind of like victoria said...it's like a diary. i can look back and read old poems and know exactly how I felt. plus it just helps to sort out your thoughts (or at least mine) if you can organize it and put it into a poem, and you can get more of a handle on the situation if you can visually look at it so the thoughts aren't just runing through your head. for me anyway-but im part crazy so ya, it all works...lol.

• Ami
    19 years ago

Sometimes I enjoy it. Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

• HOLLY ARMER
    19 years ago

I use writing to vent my feelings! It also makes me feel good if I write something I like! It's very rewarding!!!

• Allen
    19 years ago

Writing converts my feeling into words, its like a dairy, but in a poetic way, it helps when my feelings are bothering me... writing funny poems are just fun to do, it brighten my day and the ones that reads it :)

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

It does aaaall sorts of things for me. It helps me tell things to people that I couldn't normally say to to them strait up (beeecause I'm shy), keeps me from being bored (which is a good thing cause I get really odd when I get bored), lets me get my feelings out, especially the ones that shouldnt be built up (like anger, sorrow). I could add more buuut my mom ish bugging me.

• Randy Lee
    19 years ago

It gets the words out of my head.

• gasping for air
    19 years ago

i can vent my feelings before i fall to pieces...
    loves and hugs
    Manda Lynn

• Just Ariel
    19 years ago

alot of stuff......includeing pride in something that youve written that people can relate to and like

• Rafael Navarro
    19 years ago

Its a way i vent out my emotions

• don mohr
    19 years ago

attention. Everyone wants to convey a message
    about something on their mind. it can be creative-
    or a "popular" decision. either case-its real, its you.

• don mohr
    19 years ago

Depression can be a tool of ease or it can master-
    bate your reality. if you run out of writing ideas
    or things about depression, mabe its time to move
    to the next incision. people will respond, you must
    accept that what you write, may not be what they
    hear though.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I get a non-violent attitude. If I am sad, it will drain out my sadness, if I am angry, it will simmer my temper. If I am feeling really wierd and don't know what I'm thinking, it can help me work out what I AM thinking.

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

It helps balance your emotions. Before, every time I got upset, I would cut myself, just to see the blood flow. It didn't actually hurt, but I kinda realised what I was doing to myself. Then I went right back to the poetry I started writing when I was 9 but abandoned when I was 11. It's like nicotine or something for me, coz as soon as I stop writing, all my thoughts pile up and I just feel sick in my head about how much I'm thinking.

• callie
    19 years ago

dude. writing is the shit!! it helps make the stress go away. its totally awesome. everyone should write. maybe then we wont have any of those crazy people who go and shoot kids at skool or have priests that rape little kids. but who knows. writing is very kool though.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

It gives me perspective from my situations..allows me to be objective with myself.

And yeah, it's kinda cool being a poet..it's something of a definition of who i am.

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

Orgasmic satisfaction

• Manda
    19 years ago

Is gives me a sense of accomplishment when I write a good Poem, and it's like a diary, but not AS private. I use Poetry as a way of dealing with my Teenage life, and expressing my emotions in something I like to do; write. It's actually proven that people who write about their emotions, rather than the events happening in their life, they have a better memory and better grades. Poetry is also a way for me to share my outlook on certain things, and a way to entertain my Peers and other People. I just love to write, and since I often forget to write in my Journal or lose it, Poetry is how I get my emotions down on paper, and I feel much better afterwards.

|With Love|
    -Manda

• chavii
    19 years ago

expression of ur emotion.

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

It's to prove to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to. I've only been writing poetry for 1 month and Hollow Darkness is aktually my first poem ever (and Im like 25 years old now). Another reason is that I though I was missing out on a way of expressing myself. I sing and I play guitar and write lyrics but poetry was missing so I made it a goal to learn to write poetry too and I must say I dont regret it. Im just stuck now and I love writing poetry too! :-p

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

It's a really creative outlet for me. I can express my feelings in such an interesting and also challenging way. It's challenging, because while your writing the poem about your feelings your also trying at the same time to make it meaningful and deep.

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

whoa...now that's mindblowing. lol