why do i have to keep him on the low for no to know or show!!!!!

• Jessica
    19 years ago

I love my bf so much but my dad hates dark pplz and i love my bf and i would betray my family befor i betray my bf he is the only person who can make me happy and who cares and i need him so much if i lost him i would die and i hate that i have to keep it from my family but what els can i do plz someone i cant let him go but i dont want my family to know plz help me someone.

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

I know it's tough to keep stuff from your parents especially when their beliefs are just so wrong and old. I mean, who cares what colour your skin is? You say your dad hates dark people? Talk to him about it and keep countering him with, "Not all people are the same! Just please give him a chance! I don't want to be disrespectful but I really like this guy. Isn't my happiness more important than something you 'just don't approve of'? What do you have against dark skinned people anyway? Some people *cough* PARIS HILTON *cough* spend thousands trying to get dark! Why is having a different color skin tone any more different than having a different color eyecolor? Or hair?"

and (if you're feeling brave) ask your dad if he is albino...not in a mean offensive way... because everyone has a skin tone except for people who have that condition...and then say, well dad, you don't like me dating dark people and i guess that'll mean I'll have to find an albino boy but they're very rare perhaps even impossible to find than a needle in a haystack, do you want me to be alone for the rest of my life dad?

• heather
    19 years ago

hey my dad feels the same way. but i say if u love him and he makes u feel gd talk 2 ur dad tell him how u feel. if he wont listen then i dont kow what 2 do. well g2g luv heather