Rhyme vs No Rhyme

• Allen
    19 years ago

Most/all the poems I have read have rhymes... are there any thing such as a none-rhyming poem??? if yes, does anyone know a good poem like that to share??

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

not right off hand... I know I've read some though... there is another thread in this category about the same thing (has about the same title, too, I think)... scroll through the pages and find it...maybe there are some listed there...

• Victoria
    19 years ago

I've got one that doesnt rhyme, it just got posted, its short, but still not rhyming . . . so everyone check it out. Its under 'Again'

• Jamie
    19 years ago

I am addicted to rymeing but i personally think if u fgind a good writier, liek a really good writer they can tocuh your heart in so amny ways, deep soul writing without any rymes...that is a true writer i would admire...

i have oen poem that doesn't totally ryme called "The broken down tears" if you wanna read, bt it's not my favourite of mine..but hey, it's spoken truth and it touched me at least

• Brian King
    19 years ago

i have one that doesn't rhyme it's called choosing or sumthing but it's not much of a peom

• Chris Engle
    19 years ago

ive seen some really good non-rhyming poetry, a girl going by the name "charm" is really good at one. VERY touching nonfiction poem right here (non rhyming) check it out, and some of her other work if you like it
    http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/explicit/poems.php?id=126188

this other 1 is EXTREMELY touching aswell. i literally cried after these
    http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/sad/poems.php?id=91971

• Aken Sol
    19 years ago

I guess my "Last Cut" poem is a pretty good non-rhymed poem but Sean Allen writes some really good ones if you want to check them out.
    Aken Sol

• Allen
    19 years ago

hmm... sorry, Allan, I can't really agree with you on that one anymore... I have read a few really good none-rhyming poem on this site and just last night I had a chat with my bestfriend about the matter and she read me one of her none-rhyming poem which was just beautiful... none-rhyming poems are harder to write, each word has to be chosen with care, beats has to be thought about, sentences has to flow...

• N J Thornton
    19 years ago

Yeah...I disagree with you Allan, sorry. A good poem does not depend on whether or not it rhymes. Like you said it needs to have effort put into it, but surely to make a quality poem you need to put effort into it anyway. What i mean is there may be a rhyming poem that although it rhymes is forced and jumpy. It may also have over used ideas, so to read it takes a lot of patience. Then there may be an unrhymed poem that is original and inspiring. And although it doesn't rhyme it flows with a nice tone and gives the eventual reader understanding of what the poet is trying to say.
    I believe both non rhyming and rhyming poery can be equally as brilliant, as long as effort and consideration is put into it.
    However don't get me wrong there have been unrhymed peices that i have personally read that clearly were just written with no thought. As well as there being beautiful peices of rhymed poetry.
    That's all i have to say, thanks for listening.

Silver

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

I usually like rhyming poems better than non-rhyming. The only ones I post are rhyming poems, with the exception of the last one I just posted.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

i like both. the most important thing in a poem for me is rhythm. I think rhythm can be achieved with or without rhyme, and if you achieve a great rhythm, I personally couldn't care less as to whether it rhymes or not.

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

If it flows, then no rhyming does not matter.

btw I do have a poem that doesn't rhyme. It's called "New Feelings" check it out. :)

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

Personally, I think writing both ways is best. Not everything has to rhyme, though a lot of people seem to think so. Peace, love and empathy.
    -Belle Misericordia

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I agree, I do a lot of non-rhyming, I dislike it when people force their rhyming just for the sake of it, it creates a bad poem. As long as theres a nice flow I think non rhyming works, with rhymes I think is a bit more difficult.

I am going to post some of my better non-rhyming poems up later, so if you want to read them just look out for them on my account.

• TrUtH hUrTs
    19 years ago

read some of mine ..none of them follow a conventional rhyme scheme...

• Million Tears
    19 years ago

i have one rhyme poem.....as you can see it didnt go to well.

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

Check out "The Hooker" Doesn't rhyme at all! I usually just rhyme to help a poem flow better. Because I know it's hard to read a poem that doesn't flow.

• DMG
    19 years ago

Check out Kris's poems. Her's are very well written, and the majority do not rhyme. The concepts are very captivating though.

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

I dont think it matters if a poem rhymes or not ... They can be good with or without rhyme.

• ChildofGod87
    19 years ago

I sometimes I think that I rthyme them 'sometimes' but really I can't rthyme that good...lol...So what I write is just from the heart and not the rthyme part...hehe...:-}

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

non ryming poems are harder to do the ryming ones....

• KiKi
    19 years ago

i like both kinds of poems but i think that the ones dont rhyme are better because they speak more of your heart instead of having to struggle with finding the right word to rhyme it with like in my poems it rhymes then it doesnt you can read them if you like they arent the best though

• KiKi
    19 years ago

i like both kinds of poems but i think that the ones dont rhyme are better because they speak more of your heart instead of having to struggle with finding the right word to rhyme it with like in my poems it rhymes then it doesnt you can read them if you like they arent the best though

• Amy
    19 years ago

I think sometimes its easier to express yourself in non-rhyming poetry because you dont have to always worry about the words rhyming and stuff. Most of mine are rhyming but ive written a few non rhyming poems like "Razorblades".

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

But still a ryming version of 2 poems that express the same feeling/thing is much more impressive and touching and easier to remember too. I would say its harder to write rymeless poems if you want to do it good. Besides, the flow of the poem and syllable counting is alot more important then the ryming scheme, many people ryme and totally neglect the flow of the poem so it becomes unreadable eventhough it rymes.

• John Holley
    19 years ago

i know a great one. "dhe isn't beautiful, she is beauty" by john holley

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

i have to disagree with Atahan. wouldn't it be much more impressive if a poem does not rhyme yet it has enough passion and talent into it that it gets stuck in your mind? yeah, rhyming poems are impressive but you still can't be sure that they're better.

• Angel Sanctuary ©
    19 years ago

Both are awesome... I'm better at non rhyming poems myself... I've only written one good rhyming poem..