Fantasy
    -Mystical
    -Science Fiction
    -Other

Add to excplict
    -Other (

Scpecial Event Poems
    -Patrotic

Also maybe add a Topic of the week where you or someone designates something for us to write about. Example Topic of the week- Stars.

-I noticed alot of us were doing this in the forums.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Oh I love all those suggestions!!! Especially the topic of the week one.. that would be awesome! Challenging as well..

~Grace

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

In addtion to Jacki's suggestions...

what about making "Family" it's own category...

Family
    -I Love You
    -Special Occasions
    -Sad
    -Dysfunctional
    -Other
    Or maybe, add a "family" subcategory to Poems about life.... I don't know... it just seems like someof my family poetry does NOT fit in the friendship category.

Please... give input.... especially on the sub-cats

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I like that suggestion about Family being its own category. Then you can add the sub catagories like you have. I thought that was an excellent idea.

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

I got one I think cause I like these sorts of poems:

Storyline Poems
    - Fictional Poems
    - Non-Fictional Poems
    - Series Poems

Not sure if those would be good suggestions, but yeah, those would be nice. And also I was thinking maybe adding a Misc. Poems category for those poems where you just don't know where to post your poem. Anyway, I like all of Jacki's suggestions as well.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I'm not so sure about "Storyline Poems" as a separate category... seems like any pomes that would fit those categories would still be in one of the others, too. Now maybe "Short Stories" if there is enough interest and people to write them.

I do, however, like the idea of a "Miscellaneous" category in addition to an "other" sub-cat in every main category.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I do think we need the other category. Because i recently just wrote a dark poem. It should go under excplit -other. Not Misc other. It would probley offend some people if it were in that category. So Maybe One Big Category called Miscellaneous. But we still need the "other" as well.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Jacki...not sure if you are just agreeing with what I said by repeating it...or if you misread what I wrote... I DO think there should be an "other" sub-category in every main category...as well as a main category called "Miscellaneous"

• Just Val
    19 years ago

I like the category for family I have written at least 5 that would go under family, but I think that along with the sub categories that Ann Marie suggested there should be death too.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I was thinking that too, Valerie... should it be a separate sub-cat...or should we just add death to sad...

no...actually I think separate.... (lol @ me answering myself...)

when I think sad... I think like sad because the relationship is bad or you are far apart... but then do we really need "dysfunctional"??

death/grieving is well... self-explanatory! :o)

~~I just went to look through all the categories again...

Jacki suggested "Patriotic" as a sub-cat for Special Occasions... there already is Independance Day... I know they are not exactly the same... so maybe "Independance Day" could be changed to "Patriotic"

Also... someone mentioned somewhere that there should be an "Anger" sub-cat added to Explicit.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

One more suggestion:

Nature

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

I think we should have the right to change our username or password because My username when I log on I don't like it I want to change it and I also want to change my password.

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

This is no rush but to Janis, could you give us an expected date you think to have all the categories in by. My reason for asking isnt to rush you, I just have a few new poems I want to add, but I want to make sure they get into the right category, so ya know, I was just wondering. Like I said, no real rush~

--Bryce~

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

you can change the name that every one sees by editing your profile...

someone said in another thread that you can email janis your username and password and what you want the new password to be and he will change it... (I'm sure he will change your login name too, if that's what you wanted Kayla....

Bryce... just submit your poems to the most appropriate current category...and then you can edit them into a different one when the change is made....

if you are unsure... post it in Life...Other....

• David
    19 years ago

I try to place my poem "Ganster At Heart" in the profanity section. (It has 3 bad words,) and it won't let me because there is bad words in it. hmm
    -------------
    This is the error message:

We cannot accept these changes since there might be some inappropriate words!

What is meant by 'inappropriate words?'

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

wow, i like these ideas! horror poems- yeah, definitely!

my suggestion: can we insert a sub/category for BOOKS?

just like lord of the rings and all those other famous or not-so-famous books or novels, maybe we can put them all there.

or maybe add subcategories under it like fantasy, humor, mystery, etc.

if it would be too much, that's okay:)

thanks and hope you don't push yourself too much:D

• Just Val
    19 years ago

I think that under Dark and Fantasy the subcats that can be merged are Fantasy and Mystical for sure. Science Fiction and The Unexplained, And Probably Horror and Dark, and maybe just leave other although I don't really see the point of other if you merge all these together!:) I like the nature idea, I don't know if there should be subcats though, I mean if you write about nature you write about nature, you know what I mean? If that doesn't work, I am not sure because I can't even think of a good subcat for nature!! I agree with you on the patriotic part and all the others...

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I like all your suggestions Janis, as well as Valerie's proposed mergersof the dark/fantasy subcats...

I also like the Nature idea, but can't think of any subcats either (summer, winter, spring, autumn, other...would just be too trivail, I think) We can add subcats later if we decide there's a need, can't we?

Thanks for all the awesome changes you've made and are working on!!! Great WORK!!!

• Million Tears
    19 years ago

good idea janis!!!! your the best!!!!!!

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Under fantisy could you put love? Because some people may think the poems you right about love be a real person.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Maybe one category called "Poetry Forms" or something. Categorizing by content is just the way Janis decided to do it for this site, and it works for us... not too many people write in those specific forms. I have done a few as have some others. One category would be sufficient, though, I think.

Anyone??

Oh, and as for Fantasy having a love subcat, I'm not so sure... it is still a love poem whether it is real or fictional

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

well some of us may be taken and if they post a love poem that fictional and they put it in the love poems section. It can cause BIG PROBLEMS.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I could argue...but I won't... I get what you are saying, Kayla...believe me....

maybe instead of a "love" subcat in "Fantasy", there could be a separate category for "fiction"

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Yeah that might be better.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I think that the dark and fantasy is a great idea. With the nature I don't really know if it needs a subcatagorie at this moment. I know I can't really think of one anyways.

• Danielle
    19 years ago

I think Fantasy would be a good category

• N J Thornton
    19 years ago

I agree with all of these especially the dark category, family and nature. I also think the poetry form category would be a good idea, as quite a bit of mine is in a form. :)

• My Obsεssion
    19 years ago

I like it all except I have a suggestion...under friends I think it needs one like..well I cant quite think of what to call it but something like struggling friendship or something, because you have best friends and broken friendship but nothing for in between when your friendship is going through some rough times. Get what I'm saying?? And like I said I couldn't really think of what to call it so that needs help right there...

• My Obsεssion
    19 years ago

New idea too coming from a forum post in here actually. Like a category called hate or something like that and have racist as a category under that. Would solve a lot of fighting and problems if this were to be made so that people don't just happen to come across a poem like this that might offend them..

• Brian King
    19 years ago

i like jackis idea you could have christmas peom for dec and all sorts of stuff like events happening around the world