Janis: Automatic logging out :(

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hi Janis, just making a suggestion on extending the session time or disable the automatic logging out function... I was typing up a long post (Im a slow thinker/typer) and when I tried to submit it I was logged out and I couldn't get back what I typed... that has happened to me quite a few times already... so just wondering if you can do something about that :)

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

I agree with him. I really don't like having it either.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Allen, I don't mean to speak for Janis, but I have some alternative suggestions to deal with the auto logout:

!. Copy the text of your post into the windows clipboard before you click "post answer." If you have to log in again, then you can just paste the text back into the answer box.

2. For answers that might require some lengthy thought or typing, compose them in a text editor or word proceesor and then copy the text and paste it into the answer box.

3. Download the (free) Mozilla browser. Unlike MS IE, it allows you to to return to the previous page with your text intact.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

yeh I think Mozilla Firebird is better than IE, but there are some problems with it too. You could try netcaptor if you wanted. There are lots of good alternatives to IE.

• Just Val
    19 years ago

OMG!! Allen the same thing happened to me!! I was so upset! I was like "What happened??" So now whenever I am about to submit a poem I copy it first that way in case I get logged out I can always paste it again!! But once I forgot to copy and it logged me out and I couldn't get back what I had typed so I agree totally with you Allen.

Lydia I get what you are saying but who wants to download a bunch of stuff they DONT need? Even if it is free it takes up space on your computer. I mean I am sure people will do that to but it doesn't make sense and we shouldn't have to copy and paste it shouldn't log us out. I mean I do it but only cause I never rrally thought of telling Janis to extend the time before you get logged out but it really sucks!!

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

Yeh I agree that the auto login should get changed eventually, but I'm sure Janis is a busy human being. It is a suggestion that should be considered though.

• Just Val
    19 years ago

Yea you are right I am not trying to complain Janis!! If your busy don't worry about it just when you DO have time think about it!!:)

• Allen
    19 years ago

:) Im in a way happy to see that Im not the only one finding this issue annoy :D, I do have Mozilla but sometimes it doesn't help :( and I have developed a habbit of copying the text before I press submit... but sometimes with long posts I get carried away and forget to save :S... oh well, it'll be great when this issue is sorted out... before then, I'll be happy anyway :D:D:D