short poem

• freshta
    17 years ago

reading this poem
    http://www.best-love-poems.com/poems.php?id=696722
    by GORAN
    did he made his point in a short poem or poems have to be longer to be good?

• Colby
    17 years ago

I thought this was a good poem, and I do love short poems. But it is true that the length of a poem does not affect anything. I've read some very powerful short poems, and some amazing long poems. And what about Haikus? those are all amazing.

• Catherine
    17 years ago

It is a good poem in my opinion. The length of the poem doesn't matter at all. I find that the poem means just that he loves this girl more then any other, and more then enyone else would say they love her.
    The poem may not have an effect on you, but just imagine if the person that poem were about read it. How do you think they would feel?

• RainbowSlider
    17 years ago

Goran has some good poetry.

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

thank you freshta for bringing this up,and catherine for bringing the person it was written for. i have had tried many long poems too, but it never made her change her mind, but honestly this short one made her think about what i am saying. i think the reason was when we write a long poem we lose the attention in the middle of the poem, but in a short one, we just come up to the point

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    17 years ago

That was terrible. I read some of the comments and felt it best not to add anything else as it seems to be a mutual-back-patting festival. I know some people don't like negative comments, however constructive.

• hayley
    17 years ago

you cant even call it a poem can you? oh well just my opinion. i think its a rhyme the sort u stick in a card.

• Jacklyn
    17 years ago

to answer the question of do poems have to be long in order to be good...

no they don't. many poets with talent can make deep points and give great emotions across to the reader and yet still be really short.

~Jacklyn

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

I think i should answer this one,
    I am the writer of the poems and using FAKING LOVERS mean that I know something about my subject.........
    and the name don't have to do anything with religion, it is just a commen name that i have.I think you are just overthinking it.
    I am not trying to say my poem is great nor I asked anyone for opinion, another poet broght this up and I really thanks her for it. I respect everyone is comment cause it make us greater but i honestly think you should go over yours and think about what you are saying.
    thank you for the comment cause it just make us grow.

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

and yeah, i posted another short poem, you can check it out and tell me the differences between I WISH and this one
    thanks for all who wrote their comment about this poem, and special thanks to FRESHTA who broght
    this up.

• freshta
    17 years ago

thank you for writing and sharing them. I think they are all great feedback about short poem VS long poem, I am aware that someone tried to make it look bad, or tried to make my question look bad, but majority responded well, thank you all.
    i read your new poem but still i like this one better.

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    17 years ago

I was actually talking to someone recently that didn't know what a Christian name was...

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

thank you dwelt

• shela
    17 years ago

i think I wish was a great poem with a great message. Goran is a great poet, his all poems are so nice. I love all of his poems

• RainbowSlider
    17 years ago

I read the poem and think he did make his point.

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

thank you all

• Truest Lies
    17 years ago

i like it. If a boy wrote that to me, I would be overjoyed. So, if you have a girlfriend, she probably appreacited it. ;-)

//T.L.//

• blueknight
    17 years ago

goran knows what he write hes a good poet i prefer to write good poems but i like his works even some was short i feel complete with that a poem is not base on the lenght it is based on the content if the poem was finished in a short way with complete emotion or details that can be a great piece

• Bhavin
    17 years ago

the best thing what goran did thru this poetry is that he said his point in such a great way by using minimum words. hats off to goran...

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

just to let evryone know the same poem I WISH recently won EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD by Iternational library of poetry.
    some thing i wanted to share,
    thanks

• Jordan
    17 years ago

Dwelt, thank you for frequenting this thread. I absolutely LOVE reading your input.

This site needs someone like you to wake everyone else up. Lol.

• Steven Odenbreit
    17 years ago

I think it was a pretty darn good poem as well.

• Kirsty palmer
    17 years ago

i think that his poem was very good, and very effective.. to me it does not matter about the length of a poem, its all about teh words used and the emotions and feeling put forth.

• ari
    17 years ago

it's a simple show of affection. It doesn't have to be perfect, or bad. it just has to show what the writer means, or thinks, or wants the readers to interpret. We don't have to go over analyzing it. it's just a poem about how much he loves someone. it doesn't have to be a work of masterful poetry, or a great painting, or anything. it's just about love. love is simple, when you think about it, and that poem just shows how much he loves someone. over analyzing it will take out its appeal.

• blueyed baby
    17 years ago

no you can make a point with a short poem/ you dont always have to have a long one to make it keep it short

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Short or long poems are cool,