Awards

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

I think we should have a quote award. We have all these other awards but not quote award. It would be nice to have one. But I don't want Janis to have too much work with this I just thought it might be a nice idea.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

good idea, Kayla

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I was thinking about maybe requesting other awards, like special ones that aren't automated, Like the nice person award, and the best critiquer award, but then I realized that there isn't a very good way to go about selecting those who get the award and those who don't, seeing as there are WAY too many people on this site.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Yeah there is. Unless, there could be people on here who can select the people that they like. And you can't pick yourself. And the one with the most votes gets that award after they pick the people that should go to the next around

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

there was supposed to be a critic of the month (or week) award...remember the praise buttonin the comments... I guess Janis didaway with that though...

Special awards would be a good idea if we can come up with a good way to determine them.

I guess we could first suggest awards... then Janis could announce which award is first and then people nominate winners.... the top 5 or 10 nominations are then looked at by a "judging panel" who will then give their recommendation to Janis... and he would have final say....??

(Judging panel--one idea is to take people who have been members a certain lengthof time/have a certain rating/number of comments given/activity on discussion boards, etc --this could change monthly or at each award)

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

lol, i'm just afraid it'll turn into the same thing as the voting system, everyone "giving 5's" to people, in a metaphorical sense.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Does anyone else like this suggestion?

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Thank you

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Anyone else?

• Terri Lynn
    19 years ago

I think it's a great idea, some people are very deserving of awards like that. They're should be something for everyone.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Yes they do deserve some.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Thank you for agreeing with me

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

I know! Well Janis has alot on him right now. I guess he doesn't have time.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Yeah true. But I make up all mine. And most people make up there quote.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Yeah that is true. I don't know y people just can't be nice and let them read their poems. I try to be nice and read others poetry. And I would never give anyone a 1 nor a 2 If I don't like it I just won't vote I mean thats just mean to do that.

• alexander
    19 years ago

great idea

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Thank you