How often do you write poems?

• julie
    19 years ago

i was just wondering how oftten you write poems because some people seem to have a lot and some dont so i was just wondering?
    julie
    -xx-

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

tough question.... I write poems as often as the thoughts come out of my mind and onto the paper (computer screen) in a sensible fashion! :o)

No , seriously...I've gone weeks without writing... and then written 3 in one hour's time....so there is no set answer for how often... unless it's "as often as I am able!"

• Jacki
    19 years ago

could be everyday, it could be once a month, or it could be nothing at all for a few months. All depends

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

I write atleast 1 a week, sometimes more depending on if I get on a poet's streak. I did go through a time though that I couldn't write anything for like 3 months or so.

--Bryce~

• Kevin J
    19 years ago

My writing is sparatic, so i can't really calculate how often. I can go for weeks without sitting down to write. I do tend to write down ideas for poems at work, in my car, watching TV....I've actually woken in the middle of the night a few times to write down a line or two:p. I have over 40 unfinished poems and a whole other pile of poems that I finished, but still edit.

• Katie McCullick
    19 years ago

I usually go on a poetry spree and write like 3 or 4 times a day and then the next day i have writers block. I think my poems are pretty good so if anyone wants to read them and comment or suggest feel free to do so.

• SammiBABY
    19 years ago

nearly everyday unless im really really busy i try to find time i stay up really late if i have a lot of ideas

• Liam
    19 years ago

i probabaly write everyday. mind, none of em usually are any good!

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

I write whenever I feel like it, so sometimes I write a lot os poems in one day, and other times I don't write at all for months. Even then I get rid of every poem I don't like. What's the point of keeping things you don't want? Peace, love and empathy.
    -Belle Misericordia

• Lenee.Roca
    19 years ago

i write at least once a day and if not everyday then everyother day or couple days but only if im feeling anything...anyone relate to it??

• DMG
    19 years ago

I wrote poetry quite often. It is a hobby of mine, one that I pursue daily. I write everything that comes to mind, some of it influenced by experience and some not.

• N J Thornton
    19 years ago

I used to write every day, maybe more than that. But now it's sort of one a week, maybe two. I'm sort of running out of ideas you see.

Silver.

• Lance Hardy
    19 years ago

Whenever I got something bothering me or just want to express something. Only started last thursday and churned out 5 quickly, but now I can't think of any ideas.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

It depends, sometimes I'm bent in a rage of fury and it all comes out! Or I'm overcome w/ love or pain...just depends on each day!

• KiKi
    19 years ago

yes thats me too. i write when i feel something or when im angry or in "love" i just express what i feel on paper

• Ian Robert
    19 years ago

Expression isnt always explainable in words, that why poets try to grasp beauty with words... and hatred with the destruction of the beauty

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

one poem a day

• Aleah
    19 years ago

holy cow! i write at LEAST 2 poems in the morning, 1 in the middle of the day in between class work, and 2 at night, usually. yeah, somedays i go without writing, or i just write 1 or 2 poems a day. but i'm talking in the norm...5-7 in one day.

• callie
    19 years ago

everyday

• Andrea
    19 years ago

when i feel really depressed and it gets too hard i cant handle it and everytime when it rains...or just gloomy weather

• Manda
    19 years ago

I write atleast 1, usually 3+, Poems at school, and then at home, I write atleast 1, usually 2, Poems on the Computer. I write whenever possible, for it is the only way I find so easy to express my emotions, thoughts, ideas, and etc. I'm a writing fantatic, and have, just over the past year or so, taken up Poetry. I like it because it's a faster way than writing stories, but I often jot down beginnings for greatr storie, without ever having the time (or writing space) to finish them. So Poems are my best way to deal with life as a teen, and they take less time to write. When really focused, or inspired it takes me about 5 minutes, but usually it takes around 10-15minutes. My friends love that I can write a juicy Poem, given little time, and that I can write about most all subjects, with some inspiration and focus. There are proven studies that writing about emotions improves your memory & your grades! There were some other proven facts, but I don't have the article with me now.

|With Love|
    -Manda

• Not Bulletproof
    19 years ago

Sometimes I write everyday, sometimes every week, sometimes every 2 weeks...it's impossible to detect, for me. Once I wrote about 10 poems one night, and then didn't write for like a week...I usually write about everyday though, or every two days...good question though xxx

-Mortalidaga
    xxTakeCarexx

• ~*Snow queen~*
    19 years ago

i write a lot, but if i write like 5 poems a day i wont write for like a day. Ill give myslef a break. And sumtymes i just cant write cuz i have writers block or im too busy..

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

i write when i have time or whenever my thoughts feel like exploding into a piece of paper. anyways, i also write short stories so i have to divide my time between that and poetry which is great sometimes but confusing also. i've written about 3 short stories in two weeks time but zero poetry which is killing me! *sigh*

• Lenee.Roca
    19 years ago

i write when i get the time..so usually about 5 times a day...today i posted 6 but i only wrote 2 today but i wrote a few more that didn't make it on here because i don't like them...

• Chadguay
    19 years ago

I write whenever the idea for a poem comes into my head or when something happens in my life.

• Tarikins
    19 years ago

I write almost everyday cuz usually i get inspired by something or someone.

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

Depends... some years barely a trickle. Other years, a few a month. I find that the more comfortable I am in life, the less I write. The more in turmoil or simply even in flux, the more I write. Vicious cycle. ;)

• Seductive
    19 years ago

I write poems whenever something in my life has happened and it affects me.Nine times out of ten it's about love. So it varies. Because it seems as though i cant write unless i get hurt, i have very few poems about happiness, but that does not make me a depredded person.

• Nicholle
    19 years ago

like aproximatly one every 3 days

• Nicholle
    19 years ago

I end up deleting most of them anyway..

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i write when ever i just get an idea in my head, which i guess u can say is often because i've been writing about a year and have 159 poems or so! but can't write when i'm too stressed.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Holly
    18 years ago

I write poems a lot. I love it. Its a hobby. To me writing is like a sport

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

to me writing isn't a sport because like sports have compititions and stuff, i think that no one should make it a compitition but just write to you know write. make your writings mean something to you, express yourself or share a story to someone. use writing to find others who enjoy the same stuff as you. and ya contest are like compitition but those are fun too, but i don't really do those to win, just to see what the judges think of it, to see if i can get any better. but who knows thats just my idea, your not forced to listen to me!

~PLP~ lil slam~

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

I write when I feel the need to. I don't have any set days. At the moment, I don't feel the dtrong need to write a poem, but I'm in the process of gathering thoughts for a next one.