just had to get this off my chest,,

• Andrea
    19 years ago

omg that has happened to me before! i was so mad cuz i had spent so much time and effort on this essay for class. but when my computer froze, i lost it b/c stupid me didnt save the changes. my stomach dropped when i couldnt find it! so i know how you feel, and sorry....i dont think i can help.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Oh, that would be horribly aggravating. 9 pages!!

I have unintentionally deleted stuff before but the application suite I use continually backs up whatever I'm doing. Then if there is a glitch or a power outage my work is automatically saved and my sanity is also saved.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

it took me a time or two of losing something major like that before I started saving whatever I was working on...ALOT....if you save it as you go, then if the computer crashes or someting, you will have at least part of it to go back to....

The more recent products from Microsoft Word (like 98 on, I think) have an auto recover feature... whatever you are working on is saved as it was when the computer froze/crashed/whatever.

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

yep, i sure do know what you're going through. except mine crashd twice so i had to write my essay 3 times. i was so angry the 2nd time my comp crashed literally shreiked at my computer and nearly threw something at the screen...before i realised, that would be dumb, then i wouldn't be able to do my paper at all...