Is It wrong to write away pain?

• Jenn
    20 years ago

I always write my feelings and its not a bad thingbut sometimes ya gotta talk about them to which is hard...sometimes i write my feeling and jus give them to the people or person i need to talk to

• Seductive
    19 years ago

i dont think it's wrong, i mean whateva way u need 2 release pain, go 4 it because when u hold things in it doubles the pain, ive been there b 4 , so i no longer hold things in , so if writing is ur best result then i agree thats what u should do. So to answer ur ? no it's not wrong to write away pain.

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

there is nothing wrong with writing away pain. lots of poeple do it to express there thoughts and pain and stress and what they hold. if you don't talk to someone about what your pain is or write it down then it just bottles up and you may do something more extreme and regreteful. so write away~

• Elissa
    19 years ago

I don't think its wrong either. There is a lot of people who do it. sometimes it helps when you have all the feeling and no way of letting them out

• Christina Gomes
    19 years ago

I agree with JustPlainMe. I mean if you're writing on a very sensitive topic...why are you going to post it on an interactive online poetry website? No offense and I don't know if it's in your case. But sometimes people use poems as a cry for help or attention. It isn't completely wrong to do that though, since everyone needs attention and time where people can help and be there for them. So no it's wrong to write out your feelings becuz I do sumtimes as well and the reason I post them is for the chance to let people get to know me better and what I'm really like. So i'm not going to say it's wrong. It's really not. =]

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

i don't see a problem about someone posting poems about what they experience because they can get suport from people on this site, i know some great friends and they help people out all the time, sometimes just writing a poem doesn't let your pain escape but once poeple read it and give advice or see how they care about you and give you hope, it helps out more. i raely relate to my poems but sometimes i do and when people tell me that it's ok and all that stuff, it really helps me.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• NK
    19 years ago

Julie.. i know how u feel... i'm currentally ignoring all of my friends but 2 because everyone is just hurting me.. and the 2 i'm talking too don't know about my account so i am just writing to express myself..... i personally am finding its working.... but it is better to talk it over because everytime i see my other "friends" i feel hurt and like a loser... so i say talk it out.. its better for u..

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

I'm going to agree with the majority rule and say that there's nothing wrong with 'writing away the pain.' It can be very therapeutic. But I will say if you have people that are actually willing to and want to hear what you think, how you feel, don't hold that in. Express yourself to others. Gain a little perspective. Maybe you can offer them help too. because everyone has problems. It's amazing what listening will do.

• Fighter (Ariane L.)
    18 years ago

there's nothing wrong with writing your pain away. i write about all the s h i t in my life, because it beings me a sense of relief. it's also a way to write down things or experiences that have happened that you can't tell to anyone. anyways, all this to say that there is NOTHING wrong with writing your feelings down.

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

I agree with everything that Christina said. It's not wrong that you write to release your pain. A lot of people just can't talk to their friends as much. (I know I can't. I can't talk to my parents or anything. Only some of my friends.) But it's your choice of how you release you pain.

~Krissy