Why Do You Write???

• Gem
    17 years ago

I write because it makes me happy

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I write because it expresses how I'm feeling and gets the message across better than just saying it.

• N J Thornton
    17 years ago

I write because it passes time...no, no other reason what-so-ever.... :)

• StephanieH
    17 years ago

Interesting, I write because it's a way that I can express myself, and relief any pain I have. =] It usually helps a lot. but that's just for me probably..

• StephanieH
    17 years ago

Interesting, I write because it's a way that I can express myself, and relief any pain I have. =] It usually helps a lot. but that's just for me probably..

• kiara
    17 years ago

i write because i love it its somthing ive always had a love for and an ability to do its also part of the future i want to have

• MyDevotion
    17 years ago

I write because it lets me express intense emotions i've had built up since i was little!

• Roxy
    17 years ago

I believe that it lets out the inner me that no one really knows, a piece of me that wants to brake free.
    It also helps ALOT!!

• cowgirlstar26
    17 years ago

it's an outlet and I love it, anything im feeling I can pour out onto the paper and put my heart into it.

• sibyllene
    17 years ago

I think I write in an attempt to crystallize a moment, explore and cement a thought... who knows, maybe I should just let them go free. But if I write a poem about a day, I can remember that day in a way that I couldn't otherwise.

• Fighter (Ariane L.)
    17 years ago

I used to write to express what I kept to myself.

But lately, I honestly don't know why I write anymore....

• Melissa
    17 years ago

I write because sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who gets me. So I put things on paper to make it easier... but it never works

• roxiepoo
    17 years ago

i write because it shows the world im not just like everyone im unique and can express my feelings thru words as well as emotions thru those words

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    17 years ago

Because I can.
    I'm lucky I'm good at it. ;]

xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex

• Andy
    17 years ago

It is a way to express the way I feel about the individual I write for... And yes, she does get to read them... :D

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

My favorite response to this question is:
    Because I cannot NOT write.
    Writing has always been a form of self therapy, an expression of emotions too intense to keep inside, an expression of thoughts, feelings, meanings. Sometimes it is simply purging-a cleansing, sometimes I learn something about myself or others or life in general. Sometimes it is merely the noble expression of art. Also for the fun and freedom of it. Mainly it was something that was mine. A release, a passion, a peace.
    I look back over my poems and am reminded of things I'd learned but forgotten, how I felt at certain times, etc. Sometimes I can see who I was then, who I am now, and perhaps a hint of where I'm going.
    And though I write mainly for myself (it's helperd keep my sanity many times, lol) and always have (though some pieces are distinctly for others-and I have found sometimes the more personal you are sometimes the more universal the piece is striking a chord in others). It is a great writer, and sometimes the goal of the writer, to touch the hearts and minds of others.
    There are many reasons. As you write, and each piece, sometimes the reasons and the poems change over time. Sometimes not.

Peace, Poetry & Power,
    Gary Jurechka

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

because the voices tell me to.

lmao, jk jk

~stephen white

• Hatori
    17 years ago

It takes my mind off of my troubles...

• Gauraw Patil
    17 years ago

I write because I'm in love... But, I can't tell that girl that I love her... So, I describe my feelings through poems...

• LithiumSacrifice
    17 years ago

i write because it expresses the me i dont show people.. and it helps me say things i have trouble saying.. its also my way of escape from the real world..

• Edward D Zurovec
    17 years ago

My delirium and dligence need the therapy.

• Perfection
    17 years ago

I have no idea what so ever .... I just do for some reason i guess... =S

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

I believe that somewhere along the way we have all had an experience that has made us pick up a pen/pencil. You fall in love for the first time and you just have so much inside, so you write about it. And once you start writing you just can't ever stop, we will always have feelings we can write about. For me writing is an escape from reality that takes me into my imagination and let's me forget the troubles of the world and my own hectic life, If only for a little while. Karl wild

• GIRL IN LOVE
    17 years ago

becuase it's a good way to let my feelings out without hurting anyone else

• GIRL IN LOVE
    17 years ago

becuase it's a good way to let my feelings out without hurting anyone else

• Dark Demise
    17 years ago

Writeing is one of the only physical things you can let out your emotions threw and let out what your feelings, there are only a few things like that u can do.. like art,singing, and writeing, Without letting it out threw anger, dipression, and other things,
    It's also somthing u can look back and read, And a reminder for you,
    And it's always good to document stuff that's happend in past experiances,

• eXile
    17 years ago

I write because my world revolves all around music, everything I do, there's a song to it. Metal, Rap, RnB. There's always a song in my heart, and a constant beat repeating in my head, and I'm trying to get the word out to let people know who I am.

• TheSickness
    17 years ago

I write when I need to. When I feel strongly one way or another. I write...

• Mo
    17 years ago

I write because its a diary of my life - I can look back on my poems and realise when I was down, happy, excited, angry etc - I could never keep a diary (have tried - but really sucked at it) and poetry is fun, inspirational and a good therapy but it also is an ongoing diary. Its always good to look back and see how far you've come.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

"My pen begs for death."

^ You should get your head checked.

Why do I write?

I want to.

• firexdancer
    17 years ago

LOL
    ya'll are funny

i write because it is my only way to let go of my emotions, and it is the only thing i can do that doesn't depress me.
    bye. i write because i can't stop writing

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

I write because i don't not.

• Dana
    17 years ago

I write because it's a way of expressing the words I can't say on paper. I love writing. Lately I've been writing about a very, very special person who I can't really describe how much I really love him.

• Kaila
    17 years ago

I write because, it makes me feel good. Something I've acomplished, or a way of expressing feelings. I write to show people how I feel.

• Robie Lincer
    17 years ago

i write to let my feelings out

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

I write to express and release

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

I write because its what i do. i like to write anything that comes to mind, because i like what people have to say about it after they read it. when its good and they think its good and say something about it, it encourages me to write something even better.

• firexdancer
    16 years ago

I write because i couldn't live without writing.

• elizabeth colegrove
    16 years ago

I write to express my emotions.

• the simple girl
    16 years ago

To find peace within myself.