Authors Note..

• Ben
    16 years ago

One idea to do would be to add a section underneath the authors work for them to comment about their work for the readers benifit. just a little separate box for them to explain it if they feel fit to do so. Just an idea.
    Ben

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

Hmm. We could just keep it to the end of them poem like we always do. Although I must say, I don't like the look of the poem once there are lines at the bottom of the piece separating it from the authors note. So, not a bad idea :)

• Ben
    16 years ago

Thats kinda why i suggested it. i think it looks really tacky at the end of the poem. but yeah.
    Ben

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

Lol, sorry :D.

• sibyllene
    16 years ago

Well, another advantage to this idea would be that people could specify what they hope people would get out of the poem. I mean, they could mention there whether they're looking for critiques, or which sections they are unsure about, etc. It would help commenters know what sort of feedback the author was looking for.

• HOLLYWOODxBANGBANG
    16 years ago

^^ That is true, I see a lot of people put that at the bottom of their poem already; but an authors note would be a good addition to the site. :]

• David
    16 years ago

Bit iffy but i wouldn't stop this from happening. but do you think it will happen soon?

David

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

I can see how it would be beneficial. But like Mr. Bob Shank has pointed out most of the time poems do not need explanation. The metaphors that most of us use are pretty easy to figure out. However it would be helpful to have so the writer can express his/her desire for help on a particular section of the poem that he/she feels is in need of special attention because they do not feel it quite written up to snuff.