Rhyming?

• Nobody
    16 years ago

Is there something wrong with ME, or just my style?
    i only appreciate poems that rhyme. is there something WRONG with me? is there something WRONG with the WORLD??????
    i just dont understand how poems that dont rhyme or dont really have any rhythm can be beautiful.

id love to hear ur opinion-
    DO you think that people who write rhyming poems are SISSYS? (or are just immature?)

• Nobody
    16 years ago

I mostly posted this because i rarely, very RARELY see a poem with rhyming.
    ....and then i just struggle to get into the rhythm of it.

wat the HELL??????????

• Brittini
    16 years ago

I have the same trouble in trying to get into poems that don't rhyme so its not just you

• Brittini
    16 years ago

Ya but for me its harder to get into the flow of the poem it takes me longer. like i understand that they create a message that not every type of poem can get across but its still hard to get into flow ...personally i would like to be able to hear the actually poet to read it the way they have the flow in there minds that way i could really get into!

• Broken Saint
    16 years ago

If you see that a poem doesn't rhyme then try to look at it as an essay or story, but still consider it a poem.. got it?

• Brittini
    16 years ago

I have a dislike for essays so treating it like that doesn't work because the only part of english i like is poetry so to look at it as an essay its takes away from my joy of poems and the feelings and expressions that are in it

• Oceansoul
    16 years ago

Bad rhytm can make a poem crap ,but rhyme has nothing to do with good poetry

john milton ( you know, the guy that wrote "Paradise lost " ) on rhyme:

"Rhyme being no necessary adjunct or true ornament of poem or good verse
    in longer works especially,
    but the invention of a barbarous age,to set of wretched matter
    and lame meeter(...)to express many things otherwise
    and for the most part worse then else they would have expressed them"

rhyme can work very good, but often it's forced
    rhyming is nice, but it has nothing to do with good poetry

• Mr M
    16 years ago

I first thought as you when I started writing but then I realized that what makes a good poem, whether it is lyric, prose or open verse, is the depth of feeling the writer conveys...that is what makes a real poem and it is what editors and publishers look for in a poet.

• xx Danii xx
    16 years ago

Hiya, my poems what ive wrote ive tried to rhyme, cant say ive done owt good, but ive tried lol i like poems that rhyme the best meself...but i cannot wirte good poems lol see for yaself lol

• SuperJenius
    16 years ago

I personally dislike rhyme that is forced. I cannot even write a good rhyming poem. Most of the time when I write a poem with a set rhyme scheme it sounds forced and to me once something sounds forced it is no longer poetry. I don't mind reading poems with rhyme in them, and there isn't anything wrong with me writing a rhyming poem but forced rhyme upsets me.

• Chrissie
    16 years ago

I find it hard to stay focus on poems that dont rhyme because i'm so used to reading poems that do have rhyming and thats my style..

• Oceansoul
    16 years ago

True, even the best rhyme needs good meter

• Kirsty palmer
    16 years ago

I prefer poems that ryhme i find them easier to read, and i can relate to it better becaus im not struggling with the flow of the poem, because rhmes practically bas the structure of teh poem, so i can therefore concentrate on the words and the meaning.

* but thats just me lol ...most of my poms are in rhymes*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Karl Wild GG23
    16 years ago

A true poet should be able to rhyme a poem and make the words just as powerful as a poem that doesn't rhyme. I'm not saying a poem must rhyme, but many writers avoid rhyming because they feel they can get a better point across without it. I agree 100% that poems with flow and words that rhyme are much easier to read then poems that don't, just the way it goes. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you can get the same point across from a poem that doesn't rhyme with one that does, it'll be that much better. GG23

• X Kashies Misery X
    16 years ago

I don't think the poems have to rythme......i think is more powerful depending on the depth of emotional/feelings that are in it. If it is deep and really connecting with the readers, i think it doesnt have to rythme..... and like, the thing i was saying in the other forum, is that every poet reflects their personality in their poems which is basically what shows, so like, to have a good poem, for me, it is stronger to not rythme.