Quotes ro Poems

• Pesamenteiro
    16 years ago

If I write a short (Like two line) poem can I consider it a quote...If not, what's the difference...can quotes rhyme?

• Simple Sensation
    16 years ago

Id probably assume a 2 line poem is a quote. As well the shortest poems ive read are haikus...
    Yeah quotes can rhyme. Quotes are just... like sayings i guess. Things people can say in every day conversation. I think quotes are basically short saying which have meaning in them.
    Well thats my oppinion..

x

• Dan Bloom
    16 years ago

I agree. I say quotes are things that you have said heard or thought about that you feel inspired by or has some kind of meaning to. Maybe some people write quotes because they dont have the time for a poem. Write a quote then use it for inspiration. I believe a single quote is good for enough inspiration to write an entire poem.

• HopefulxRomantic
    16 years ago

It depends on the purpose of the text. If it's to make you think, it's a quote. If it's to make you enjoy the language and the style in which it's written, it's a poem.

The shortest poem in existence is not, in fact, haikus, but actually a poem that cropped up in a report about microbiology some years back, and consists of three (well, two and a half) words,
    "Adam
    Had 'em."
    Good eh?

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Well..yes quotes ryhme too..it depends..poems and quotes have some similarity but not on purpose..

• X l i l T a n i X
    16 years ago

I think both quotes and poems

• Gary Jurechka
    16 years ago

It depends on the context of the lines, how it comes across. I actually have a couple two line poems and even a one line poem. Sometimes adding an appropriate title to a line can turn it into a poem.

Gary Jurechka

• Vane
    16 years ago

I think its more of a quote....they dont have to rhyme necesseraly...its just a saying

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Well I would say its more of a quote because its so short, and poems can be short but not usually THAT short. And quotes dont have to rhyme but sometimes thats nice

• Gem
    16 years ago

Poems can be whatever length you want them to be.

That is the beauty of it.

• Iana Manalang
    16 years ago

Yep...and quotes can also rhyme...^_^

• xXMohawkedMahemXx
    16 years ago

Probs a quote... but not all quotes have to rhyme.. xx