Topic Conundrum

• Kirsty palmer
    16 years ago

Hey, iv'e been on this site for a year now, maybe just under, and during so pretty much kept myself to myself now 16 *finally!* i have lots of things going on as im sure many can relate to.. and i was just wondereing .. A) where other poets get their inspiration and B) whether anyone had some ideas/topics for poems... i like to be challeneged and recieve something to write about to see if i am able... any comments apprechiated

thanks
    Kirsty
    xxx

• icarus
    16 years ago

I would have to agree with bob - life. if i have a strong emotion, there is inspiration for a poem. sometimes just try and describe how you feel, your opinions, your fears. i think about weird and random things a lot and that is the inspiration for a lot of my stuff.

• Kirsty palmer
    16 years ago

Thank you both ... i agree actually i have written poems about life and nature, and i have to admirt they are some of my stronger poems. Much apprechiated :D lol

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Ashleigh Skye
    16 years ago

I get my inspiration from my life, how others live, unique situations that I see, and basicall just life around me. And as for ideas/topics I agree with bob try some formed poetry maybe like an alphabet poem, or an ethree(sp?).

• Jenny
    16 years ago

Personally I write about my love experiences, perhaps you could write about your own. Plus, it's been mentioned before but, life itself is the main inspiration for expressing the emotions you need to write something creative.

• TinyDancer46
    16 years ago

I agree.

Just anything around you... there's so much going on in the world to write about--whether it's happy, sad, or just something that is important to you.