How do i stop...

• Mommy And Me
    16 years ago

When i am posting poems or in the sicussion forum i keep on getting

squares or quetionmarks and other symbols where i type a " or ' before i was able to just edit it and then it would be fine. but it isn't working these last few days. does any one know how to perminatly get rid of them?

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    16 years ago

I dont know.. they worked just now^

are you copying from another program like word?

because that may be the problem

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

I have the same problem. I copy my stuff from word. 'Cause unfortuantly the site has a nasty habit of logging me out when I click 'submit' or whatever it says there. And what's with this site not letting me use apostrophies when it clearly belongs there? Or umlauts? I love umlauts. :(

• Poetess Lana
    16 years ago

If you use an umlaut you have to put the poem in the slang section i believe, because words with umlauts arent recognized in the poems and quotes dictionary.

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

^ Ah that is helpful. Although it sucks because the songs and/or poems that use umlauts are usually either classified as 'dark' or 'love'. But if I can get a critique for my German poems with it being correct then it'd be worth going to the slang section. Thank you.

• Mommy And Me
    16 years ago

Yea i was pasting from word. haha i've been going through and fixing everything :) thank you :D