Featured Quotes?

• Poetess Lana
    16 years ago

We have a featured poem section, but sometimes the recent quotes that i put up arent the ones i want to display. Could we have a featured quotes section as well as poetry so we can show off all our favorites?

• David
    16 years ago

Thats an idea that is ok! i like it too.

David

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

This will get the same answer that every other suggestion about quotes gets:

Make sure EVERY quote EVERY author has posted was written by THEMSELVES, then we will talk about awards, featuring, etc...

The first thing we need for the quotes section is a way for people to report them, mods to delete and penalize for plagiary of them... but, GUESS WHAT?? if we did that, probably 3/4 of the P & Q membership would be suspended.

• Kristina
    16 years ago

I like the idea

• TinyDancer46
    16 years ago

That's a good idea, but Ann Marie is right.

There have been times where writers have posted my quotes as their own.

Not to mention the thousands of times quotes are copied from famous authors or others on this site. (ie: I wish I was a tear, so I could be conceived in your heart, born in your eye, live on your cheek, and die on your lips.) I swear that quote is posted every single day.

• JodiieBaybeh
    16 years ago

I like tht idea =)

• swill
    16 years ago

Maybe you can just post saying that thiss entire quote section is going to undergo a major clean up. All of them will be removed, so please save yours.

How about actually deelting all of them. And then starting a fresh, with clear non plag instrucrtions

• Sandra D
    16 years ago

Honestly...
    if i see a quote here that i've seen said by some famous person or something...
    i vote it a 1 b/c it's not their quote to use

most of my quotes are from my songs... i don't think anyone else has used them...

• Just Lucy
    16 years ago

Yeah I was going through quotes the other day and like 50 people have this quote;

'Jealousy is a curse, so get well soon B**ches'

AND

'do you believe in love at first site, or should walk passed you again?'

yeah, theres many more aswel. not cool lol.