Poems in different languages

• Hermosa
    16 years ago

I know that all of us that are on this site speak english but i have some poems in spanish and i'm pretty sure im not the only one...is there a section where we can post them?

• Hermosa
    16 years ago

Won't it be awkward for people who dont speak the same language and cant understand what it says?

• Boy
    16 years ago

I can understand only english. if i click any poem to read and i find that poem is in another language rather than english. it will make me annoy a bit. but not for others whos know another language.

• HOLLYWOODxBANGBANG
    16 years ago

I agree qith Britt`s ideas. I only know some of a few different languages, but reading something and having the translation there would be pretty shveet.

• Hermosa
    16 years ago

Thanks maybe Ill try posting it in english and spanish...hopefully it will make sense after i translate it.
    Thanks for your answers

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

A few of my poems are either partly in German or in German. How about in the title you put (for instance) 'Keines Mehrheit (German)' or 'El Taco (Spanish)' (That's pretty much the only Spanish I know) or 'Vae Victus (Latin)'. That way only people who speak (or at least can read) the language will read it. Something is always lost in translations, best to stick to the origional version only.

• Viola
    16 years ago

I've done one poem that's party Italian but there's a translated version at the bottom. I don't see a problem with it. Poetry allows you the freedom to express yourself. What does it matter what language it's in? You should express yourself in the language that's easier for you. So I really wouldn't mind.

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

To the person about the translator. Those free ones do have a use but translating something as large as a poem is ill-advised. They always mess up even a short sentence. With dozens of long lines the inaccuracy is just going to increase exponentially.

• Viola
    16 years ago

The thing I find about poetry is that it's a lot about diction and the way words sound with each other to create that rhythm. Sometimes when you translate them it loses that and therefore loses that beauty in the way the words are put..so translating it is not always best.

• Boy
    16 years ago

If someone wants to submit poem in diffrent languages then they should also submit itz translation in english bottom of the poem. It would be so intresting.

• Boy
    16 years ago

Hmmmm. wow.. why i did not think this? lol, but the writer will write in english aswell. but your point is right i think. then how to fix it.

• The Herald
    16 years ago

Someone's fealing a little preachy... *stares at luvorius* but yah, anyone like music in dif langs? same thing go head, ill read the poooems.

• Hermosa
    16 years ago

Well I posted my poem in english and spanish i was kinda surprised because it sounds pretty good in english too!